Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

4 minutes ago, Empty It said:
40 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:
Ignorant auld folk who create queues and make folk late by thinking it’s acceptable to stand and gossip everywhere.

Ah the can you check my 15 lottery tickets and 10 scratch cards at the busiest time of the day crowd

I worked in a shop this time last year during the pandemic and the amount of hate I had for these people worried me. I would tell them all they can check these online and they'd always just smile away and laugh it off. I can't imagine going to the shop to check a lottery ticket let alone hold up a queue doing so, in a way I'd like to be different in that respect, I'd love to be able to not be conscious of such things. 

St Andrews was always bad for auld codger pavement etiquette. Mother Nature  occasionally dished out vengeance after snow showers. The steep roofs of the town centre were ideal for creating sudden avalanches as the snow thawed and unsuspecting pavement-hoggers would be clobbered by great sheets of ice and snow. 

I worked in a shop this time last year during the pandemic and the amount of hate I had for these people worried me. I would tell them all they can check these online and they'd always just smile away and laugh it off. I can't imagine going to the shop to check a lottery ticket let alone hold up a queue doing so, in a way I'd like to be different in that respect, I'd love to be able to not be conscious of such things. 
Aye biggest arseholes ever, you know they're coming in at 12:30 so they have a huge queue behind them aswell.

4 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Must be tempting to tell them they’ve won. 

11 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

It's probably been done to death on here but pavement etiquette always pisses me off. Two oldies walking side by side so you need to step on to the road to overtake them is too common, I am one of those ultra conscious walkers who will anticipate this when I see people and fall single file in with whoever I'm walking with, I also go as far as always walking closer to the road side when walking past old folk/women or children because I'm just that heroic. 

Prejudiced according to age, as well. A real prince.

2 minutes ago, Abby Normal said:

Must be tempting to tell them they’ve won. 

I think I'm emotionally damaged from the pain inflicted everytime someone would ask for a lucky dip and say "make it a winner" or similar. 

1 minute ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Prejudiced according to age, as well. A real prince.

I don't know what the "as well" refers to but I definitely can confirm Logans Run was a brilliant idea. 

3 hours ago, Stormzy said:

It’s not even really elderly short sighted, hard of hearing types. It’s usually the gossipy local wife who thinks nothing of turning and observing the large queue building behind her but continuing to give the checkout assistant the whole “and so-and-so says this and so-and-so says that” chatter. 

Tap yer card, lift yer shopping and GTF!

On 10/04/2021 at 18:25, Pato said:

I can repeatedly grab them between finger and thumb and yank them out and they're getting on for an inch long in some cases. I'm not happy with this turn my body has made.

Is this an imperial inch, or a cock-measuring inch?

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Plus a big purple patch has appeared on the upper left of my telly.

Try taking out any leads etc and shoving them back in. If it’s a Samsung TV don’t waste your time trying that as it’s probably fucked. HTH!

14 minutes ago, Abby Normal said:

Try taking out any leads etc and shoving them back in. If it’s a Samsung TV don’t waste your time trying that as it’s probably fucked. HTH!

Aye, Samsung. Thought it was the HDMI cable but there’s no cables near that side. Looks like I’ll have enrage Mrs Mullarkey by increasing the telly size.

On 10/04/2021 at 18:39, Bairnardo said:
On 10/04/2021 at 16:18, Jambomo said:
Delivery companies that won’t deliver things. Was meant to get a sofa delivered but because it won’t fit in the lift and apparently they don’t carry things beyond 2 floors, they have had to take it away again and send it back. Company policy and not the delivery guys fault but a bit frustrating.

You need the Chlamydia Kid

I was bragging about how good the garden was looking last spring to some pals and never noticed the funny looks my wife was giving me, Wasn't until we were driving home she said "It's Clematis you clown, it's a wonderful display of Clematis all over the fence. Not Chlamydia"

Edited by Smikka Smikka Smoodoo

Do the colours on LED panels go weird if there's a powerful magnet nearby, like they did on CRTs?

First thing I thought of with MM's purple patch. Well, alright, second thing.

8 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Aye, Samsung. Thought it was the HDMI cable but there’s no cables near that side. Looks like I’ll have enrage Mrs Mullarkey by increasing the telly size.

I will never buy a Samsung TV again,the last 2 were 1 month out of warranty before a packing in,i bought a 75in LG 4k UHD from Richer Sounds with a 6 year warranty a couple of weeks for £749.