Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Isn't that all organisations, charitable or otherwise?

The correct answer is Yes. 

All organisations resent and bitterly resist any external oversight of what they're doing? The correct answer to that is actually 'No, not even remotely'. 

18 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Oh, Honest_Man...

I’ve shown myself up as I was sure the phrase was ‘bare with me’ rather than ‘bear with me’. Just checked and I was wrong.

Bare with me is a whole different kind of discussion ...

Just now, virginton said:

All organisations resent and bitterly resist any external oversight of what they're doing? The correct answer to that is actually 'No, not even remotely'. 

image.jpeg.3e30fad66b46793fa5bbee957e21d0a2.jpeg

A hit and a miss. 

6 hours ago, hk blues said:

This sort of thing has always happened though, in some way or other.  How many times have you thought of someone and out of the blue you hear from them or meet them.  Or seen a word you have never come across before and the next day the same word crops up.  

Weird shit happens.

Was watching an episode of Parks & Rec last night while opening packets of stickers. At the very second Leslie Knope said the word 'Denmark', I found the Denmark shiny.

Shut up, my life is awesome.

1 minute ago, BFTD said:

Was watching an episode of Parks & Rec last night while opening packets of stickers. At the very second Leslie Knope said the word 'Denmark', I found the Denmark shiny.

Shut up, my life is awesome.

You know how to live, I'll give you that.

2 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

You’ve really taken an off the cuff, incredibly minor, insult on an online football forum to heart.

I think it’s time you relax a bit and let it go.

As you know, the issue wasn't calling me a Bumpkin.  It was saying I had no right to argue with someone on the basis that his job meant I was relatively clueless.  When it was pointed out that I had the same job and that I was in fact right about the matter in question, rather than do the decent thing,as indeed the third party in this did, you continued with the insults with no hint of apology for the error.

In calling you a dick, I'm not doing your thing of basing it upon where you're from.  I'm basing it on what you're like.

10 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

As you know, the issue wasn't calling me a Bumpkin.  It was saying I had no right to argue with someone on the basis that his job meant I was relatively clueless.  When it was pointed out that I had the same job and that I was in fact right about the matter in question, rather than do the decent thing,as indeed the third party in this did, you continued with the insults with no hint of apology for the error.

In calling you a dick, I'm not doing your thing of basing it upon where you're from.  I'm basing it on what you're like.

👋👋👋

9 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Blimey I didn’t realise you were this upset about it. I apologise, you were correct in that instance.

Please now stop following me round the forum looking for this same argument.

Just now, Honest_Man#1 said:

Blimey I didn’t realise you were this upset about it. I apologise, you were correct in that instance.

Please now stop following me round the forum looking for this same argument.

Thank you.

In 4 months you can apologise for the groundless allegation that I've been following you round the forum.

5 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

You even know exactly how long it’s been since the initial comment. It’s a bit creepy tbh.

It was around Christmas as we headed towards another lockdown, which is why the subject of schools came up again.  It's not difficult. 

It does stand out a bit though, because for all there's lots of back and forth on here, it's actually unusual in my experience, for someone to behave like quite such a dick

I suppose if your house goes on fire and it spreads to other properties that's harming other people through no fault of their own, hence a publicly funded Fire Brigade. 

Whereas if you dick up Ben McDhui (Kenneth..) in a pair of gutties and die of hyperthermia then that's your problem alone. 

Oh, Mountain Rescue is a con. I've never seen them rescue one mountain... 

12 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

I'm becoming quite angry at the increasing use of the word "sprinkles" when it's clearly "hunners and thoosands". A Capital One radio advert is the most recent example.

I ordered a slice of cake from a cafe in Dumbarton the other day and she said "the one with the sprinkles on it?" when I tried to point to the one I wanted. I really wanted to say "no, the one with the hundreds and thousands on it" but I shat it and said "yes".