Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

11 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

c***s who were looking after our blinds broke them just before they left. Also left some dirty cups around. Fucking raging at that TBQHWY. Jokingly said (not to them) I'd break their guitar on Saturday if our cats were a state when we got back. Wish I had snapped a string now, stupid c**t can't even play it.

90F6EF0F-6414-4A1B-A923-756E4518781B.jpeg

12 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Commentators apologising for bad language caught on mic.

I've never understood that especially at sporting events where I'd actually be more surprised if you DIDN'T hear the odd sweary word.

"I'd like to apologise if the cameras picked up any bad language there....it wasn't me...it was that c**t in the red that said it..."

I’m pretty sure there are regulations about bad language pre 9pm on unlocked TV channels. If presenters don’t apologise the broadcaster can face sanction from Ofcom. I think.

2 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I’m pretty sure there are regulations about bad language pre 9pm on unlocked TV channels. If presenters don’t apologise the broadcaster can face sanction from Ofcom. I think.

f**k off. 

If I'm asking the echo to play a song that it won't recognise the name of repeatedly, but I know it has in its library, then I'll do a stereotypical English accent and it recognises it every single time. FEWMING.
I speak almost exclusively with an English accent when asking for a song. Racist bitch.

27 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Me - "Alexa, play 'I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For'"

Echo - "Playing 'I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For' by Glee Cast".

f**k off!

3 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

If I'm asking the echo to play a song that it won't recognise the name of repeatedly, but I know it has in its library, then I'll do a stereotypical English accent and it recognises it every single time. FEWMING.

Tin foil hat on, but I don't trust these voice activated devices in the home, like Alexa, Siri or Ok Google. I just don't believe that they are not listening all the time, whether it be for something innocent like Ad preferences or something darker like the Government.

Probably makes me sound insane but it's a 'no' from me.

Tin foil hat on, but I don't trust these voice activated devices in the home, like Alexa, Siri or Ok Google. I just don't believe that they are not listening all the time, whether it be for something innocent like Ad preferences or something darker like the Government.
It wouldn't surprise me tbh. But if they want to spend their day listening to me trying to control two young kids and shouting at the tele they can fire in.

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

I assume you also don't have a modern mobile phone?

4 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Probably they have the capability but how much it is utilised I'm not sure.  I definitely don't believe the govt. are spying on us  as it would have gotten out long since if they were.  

For advertising, well we know how that works on PCs / phones etc so I'm pretty sure they use it for that.  

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

I assume you also don't have a modern mobile phone?

Yeah, I don't trust it either.

I don't know if it's coincidence but sometimes when you talk about something specific, out the blue, not long after an Ad for it can pop up. 

But the way the world is, I need my modern mobile phone. How else would I regularly access the marvellous P&B content?

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

Yeah, I don't trust it either.

I don't know if it's coincidence but sometimes when you talk about something specific, out the blue, not long after an Ad for it can pop up. 

But the way the world is, I need my modern mobile phone. How else would I regularly access the marvellous P&B content?

Yeah, that was my point. Your phone already listens to you, so avoiding Alexa or any other "in the home" unit isn't really shielding yourself from it. Anyone who wants to listen to you already is.

2 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Probably they have the capability but how much it is utilised I'm not sure.  I definitely don't believe the govt. are spying on us  as it would have gotten out long since if they were.  

For advertising, well we know how that works on PCs / phones etc so I'm pretty sure they use it for that.  

Sure it can be utilised without it getting out.

Mind the papers had a phone tapping scandal and we already know the Government tap into calls listening for words relating to terrorism.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Yeah, that was my point. Your phone already listens to you, so avoiding Alexa or any other "in the home" unit isn't really shielding yourself from it. Anyone who wants to listen to you already is.

Yeah I guess so.

Did the Xbox Kinect not look for product trademarks in the home and send Ads on recognising them?