Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

That’s a harsh and sweeping generalisation, I am forever pleading with my neighbours to turn down their philharmonic orchestral beats in the small hours of a Sunday morning on fight nights.
You kid, but the nice weather invariably brings out a cacophony of Lewis Capaldi playlists directed into various back gardens around me which is every bit as offensive.

In all honestly I'd far rather be listening to Clubland or some such

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

You kid, but the nice weather invariably brings out a cacophony of Lewis Capaldi playlists directed into various back gardens around me which is every bit as offensive.

Was talking to a neighbour a few weeks back who was dreading the good weather - there's a strange family in the McMansions behind his end of the road that constantly play music at nuclear level from an area of raised decking they've built while seemingly engaged in an all-out genre war that means most songs get cut off three-quarters of the way through to make way for something schizophrenically different...according to him the da either favours the rebs or Britpop, the maw vacillates between country and western and Now That's What I Call 80s Pish while the offspring are full-on GBX anthem nedcore.

10 hours ago, throbber said:

That’s a harsh and sweeping generalisation, I am forever pleading with my neighbours to turn down their philharmonic orchestral beats in the small hours of a Sunday morning on fight nights.

Tell them to get to Fučík.

15 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

It’s normally something like clubland if it’s on public transport or somewhere else mpossible to avoid though, if you are that much of an inconsiderate arsehole to subject others to your music taste then you more than likely listen to shite.

My neighbours each side had parties yesterday and I can’t say I heard any Lewis Capaldi. 

3 hours ago, throbber said:

It’s normally something like clubland if it’s on public transport or somewhere else mpossible to avoid though, if you are that much of an inconsiderate arsehole to subject others to your music taste then you more than likely listen to shite.

My neighbours each side had parties yesterday and I can’t say I heard any Lewis Capaldi. 

I hope you have them a nice bottle of wine as a thank you.

On 03/04/2021 at 00:10, Bairnardo said:

Oh oh oh.... Is it too late to submit Steve McManaman!L

I think he does quite well considering he's usually watching a different game to the one he's commentating on

On 02/04/2021 at 23:29, BFTD said:

Tried celery with peanut butter today, after hearing so much about it being a tasty, healthy, low-calorie snack.

Turns out what people mean is that a bit of peanut butter helps to slightly cover up the fact that celery tastes a little bit unpleasant.

It must be bad if peanut butter improves it...

c***s who were looking after our blinds broke them just before they left. Also left some dirty cups around. Fucking raging at that TBQHWY. Jokingly said (not to them) I'd break their guitar on Saturday if our cats were a state when we got back. Wish I had snapped a string now, stupid c**t can't even play it.

c***s who were looking after our blinds broke them just before they left. Also left some dirty cups around. Fucking raging at that TBQHWY. Jokingly said (not to them) I'd break their guitar on Saturday if our cats were a state when we got back. Wish I had snapped a string now, stupid c**t can't even play it.
I'm a bit intrigued by this and woukd like to know more

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

This story had everything 

My guess is it's the folk going in in the morning to open them and going in at night to close them to give the illusion that the house is occupied. I've heard of this being done just never referred to as blind sitting.

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Folk were...blind sitting?

That's a thing?!

29 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Yeah I’d like to know more about this. Primarily what the f**k is stellaboz doing having people watch his blinds whilst he’s away?

He meant they were looking after his wife's curtains. Totally destroyed.