Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

18 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Just read about it on BBC there. According to them there are currently no women in Switzerland wearing a burka and 30 wear the niqab? Where has the vote come from then?

Switzerland only granted women the vote in around 1970, as I recall.

A wee racist, misogynistic country ......

12 minutes ago, red23 said:

International Women's Day - all Women in my workplace issued with a £30 voucher.

If it truly is equality we are striving for I await to see what happens on International Mens day.

Ironing.jpeg

16 minutes ago, red23 said:

International Women's Day - all Women in my workplace issued with a £30 voucher.

If it truly is equality we are striving for I await to see what happens on International Mens day.

A pineapple to go with your gammon hopefully.

18 minutes ago, red23 said:

You could put the money towards a park bench.

39 minutes ago, red23 said:

I'm going to guess, £30 voucher perhaps?

52 minutes ago, red23 said:

No offence, but I'm disinclined to believe this without more context.

1 hour ago, red23 said:

Rightly or wrongly that sounds like something that could be challenged under equality legislation.

Unless your work are making up for not sticking to equal pay legislation..  

2 hours ago, Turkmenbashi said:

Merely voting one way or the other would represent that surely. If anything what he is doing undermines democracy.

I agree with you on that. I think however he merely took a decision when he was 18 and decided it was the easiest way to justify not bothering a f**k about some of the batshit crazy suggestions that come through from their system.

1 hour ago, beefybake said:

As late as the early 90’s in a couple of the cantons, if I remember correctly...

1 hour ago, red23 said:

58D600E0-7FF5-40CD-9870-53545951C110.gif.cdb0f6546370b1af73c02e5435688f90.gif

8 hours ago, Ross. said:

Probably, the c**t.

Surprisingly not. His view is that direct democracy here is the closest thing to actual democracy that exists, and that it’s his civic duty to support any initiative that gets to the National vote stage in order to protect it.

Undereducated eejits often think rule by referenda is the best form of democracy, but that's not democracy, that's majoritarianism. You shouldn't be forced to go along with the majority unless it's essential.

If women all got together and voted to eradicate men, that would not make it ok.

2 hours ago, beefybake said:

As Ross says, the last canton to allow women to vote did so in 1990 after being forced by the supreme court. Shower of yodelling nazis.

13 minutes ago, GordonS said:

If women all got together and voted to eradicate men, that would not make it ok.

Still, you could understand.

On the other hand, if you peruse the Irritating Things Your Partner Does thread...