Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I have recently been receiving mailing list emails from companies who have realised that some people might be upset at receiving Mothers' Day advertising.

It's obviously absolutely right that they should take these feelings into consideration, I'm just not convinced that subject headers like "MOTHERS DAY - Tell us if you are opting out!" will strike the correct tone...

I havent phoned the doctors since the pandemic started but the last time I did phone which was Jan 2020 it took me over 300 attempts before I got through to be told there was no appointments. I ended up getting told to come to the surgery before 8 and I would hopefully get an appointment which I did, always feel like the receptionists can be quiet nippy as well, unless a body part is falling off I dont normally phone anyway.

I havent phoned the doctors since the pandemic started but the last time I did phone which was Jan 2020 it took me over 300 attempts before I got through to be told there was no appointments. I ended up getting told to come to the surgery before 8 and I would hopefully get an appointment which I did, always feel like the receptionists can be quiet nippy as well, unless a body part is falling off I dont normally phone anyway.
When dealing with a snippy receptionist, tell them the problem resides in the wedding tackle. Instant disarming, appointment granted.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
5 hours ago, harkinsbaldpatch said:

When dealing with a snippy receptionist, tell them the problem resides in the wedding tackle. Instant disarming, appointment granted.

It's just as well none of them make it from GP surgeries to 999 call handlers as the Glasgow airport attack probably would have gone

"Someone has crashed their car into the airport"

"It's only a fire it will burn itself out. Click, phone down"

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

It's just as well none of them make it from GP surgeries to 999 call handlers as the Glasgow airport attack probably would have gone

"Someone has crashed their car into the airport"

"It's only a fire it will burn itself out. Click, phone down"

Ok, but is it an emergency appointment you want?

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
6 hours ago, harkinsbaldpatch said:

Call me sceptical, but my thinking is that saying "don't get snippy with me just because your husband can't satisfy you with his tiny knob" isn't going to be particularly constructive in that scenario.

1 hour ago, NewBornBairn said:

I've always thought the NHS could save a fortune by sending prospective Doctors on the two week receptionist course instead of seven years at medical school. 

When students do placements at GP surgeries during their course they sometimes have to do a day or two of shadowing the receptionist (usually when the GP has forgotten that they have a student coming in for placement and haven't prepared for it).

Edited by DA Baracus

8 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Aye, they're presumably trying to weed out the folk with a case of the sniffles, and they can be surprisingly squeamish if you come out with, "there's blood pissing out of my arse, and my knob has a gangrenous seeping wound".

According to a mate.

5 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Aye, they're presumably trying to weed out the folk with a case of the sniffles, and they can be surprisingly squeamish if you come out with, "there's blood pissing out of my arse, and my knob has a gangrenous seeping wound".

According to a mate.

Bet they still say frostily "take a seat"

Avast randomly deciding, "Hey, you know that secure browser thing we installed that nobody wants? Well, we've changed the settings again so it starts automatically when you log into Windows, and made it your default browser just in case you weren't serious last time you changed back to the one you normally use. We'll do it again in another couple of months because, dude, it's so cool, you need to check this shit out".

Pot holes. The roads in this country are a fucking disgrace. Went over one in South St Glasgow recently that was so deep my car stalled. There's one about a foot deep on a 50 mile an hour section of the Clydeside Expressway. Even hit a few on the M8 on my way past Livingston recently, which was interesting at 70mph. Nearly landed on those daft pyramid things. Thankfully a Fiat 500 broke my fall and I was able to continue my journey East without further disruption. But be a wear.

57 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Pot holes. The roads in this country are a fucking disgrace. Went over one in South St Glasgow recently that was so deep my car stalled. There's one about a foot deep on a 50 mile an hour section of the Clydeside Expressway. Even hit a few on the M8 on my way past Livingston recently, which was interesting at 70mph. Nearly landed on those daft pyramid things. Thankfully a Fiat 500 broke my fall and I was able to continue my journey East without further disruption. But be a wear.

Same on the east coast.

There's some great potholes in Edinburgh- I shouted "Hello" down one deep pothole and got a reply "G'day mate" 

It's the fault of the recent freeze- water gets into the potholes, freezes, and the ice expands and makes the holes worse. 

29 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

It's the fault of the recent freeze- water gets into the potholes, freezes, and the ice expands and makes the holes worse. 

And every Spring without fail people complain. 

My works weeks start on Saturdays so that means today my shift of 11-8pm switches to 8-4.30 tomorrow morning. I have 12 hours break from work, as someone that struggles to sleep the idea that I could just finish at 8pm then switch off and sleep when I'm starting at 8am is never going to happen. I asked a manager for time off as my manager is off and they said send the dates in and they'll approve them (being all nicey nice) sent them in and they said they couldn't. I swear poor sleep and rota work is a carcinogen (what isn't?).

Utter scum. 

19 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

My works weeks start on Saturdays so that means today my shift of 11-8pm switches to 8-4.30 tomorrow morning. I have 12 hours break from work, as someone that struggles to sleep the idea that I could just finish at 8pm then switch off and sleep when I'm starting at 8am is never going to happen. I asked a manager for time off as my manager is off and they said send the dates in and they'll approve them (being all nicey nice) sent them in and they said they couldn't. I swear poor sleep and rota work is a carcinogen (what isn't?).

Utter scum. 

If that is a one off shift, I don't see the problem. Our staff group recently agreed to work 3 x 12 hour shifts a week, giving them 4 days off per week. 

Provided staff are consulted I don't have a problem with this. 

Just now, Cosmic Joe said:

If that is a one off shift, I don't see the problem. Our staff group recently agreed to work 3 x 12 hour shifts a week, giving them 4 days off per week. 

Provided staff are consulted I don't have a problem with this. 

It's transitioning from the late to the early shift, every other time there has been a day off in between, I can't see this happening often but as I said it's no exactly good for a sleeping pattern. 

Aye I'd also be happy with 12 hour shifts and 4 days off if agreed.