Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

image.thumb.png.36e847ad2cec52efa1b22251d2d6b0c4.png

This pisses me off. Their "live" coverage isn't telly, it's radio and a severely lagging website.  I missed the England Scotland rugby match because it said they had live coverage but it was the same. 

image.thumb.png.98ac6d04e1cb8d2f6b8cd5745a9b24c4.png

Often under coverage it says "Sky Sports 1" or "BT Sports", but I never thought to check ITV. 

It's this belief the BBC have that they're in competition with ITV that pisses me off. They're not, they're the state tv channel funded through the licence fee. They seem to think they have to do everything they can to "steal" viewing figures from ITV and will do copycat programming to do so.

54 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Am I right in saying that originally the Radio Times listed only BBC channels and the TV Times the commercial stations?

Yes. 

They had some kind of monopoly on future TV listings which is why people had to buy them (I think newspapers only carried that day's listings and the Evening News only had that night's and next day's listings up until noon or something). The Conservative Government actually took longer than you would think to change the regulations (early 90s?) and that's when other listings magazines like TV Quick started.

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

Am I right in saying that originally the Radio Times listed only BBC channels and the TV Times the commercial stations?

You are.

Wouldn't be allowed these days. 

Being obliged to tell kids that their slow storybook readings or attempts at playing instruments are 'very good'.

In an ideal world, telling them that they're still rubbish would encourage them to practice more.

9 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:
9 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:
You haven't lived until you've watched a game live on Teletext. 

I watched the Oscars on teletext once. The year The Matrix won four. Dark times for both myself and humanity now I think back to it.

I'm in the Philippines - we are looking forward to getting Teletext here soon.

The red button having a mind of its own:

"Yeah, I know you pushed the red button to start me up, but try it a few more times and I might eventually be bothered to do something"

Edited by Hedgecutter