Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

These constant extentions to the Coronavirus restrictions are really starting to get on my nerves!

I think we are all a bit fed up with it now!

Just give us a wee bit of light at the end of this tunnel, that we might be able to go out for a pint or a meal sometime in the not too distant!

3 minutes ago, Leewood said:

These constant extentions to the Coronavirus restrictions are really starting to get on my nerves!

I think we are all a bit fed up with it now!

Just give us a wee bit of light at the end of this tunnel, that we might be able to go out for a pint or a meal sometime in the not too distant!

Just imagine, if it were just on bug one at the start, things could be much different now.

People that moan about being on furlough. I understand it from the perspective of being concerned about the possibility of not having a job to go back to, but if your job’s relatively secure and you’re off work and still getting paid then you are/were living the dream. This is especially relevant to the period last summer, I would’ve loved to have been on furlough - I had mates/colleagues who were and had a class time. Then you hear other people moaning about being ‘bored’. f**k me man, how tedious is your life that going to work adds some interest to it. There’s so many different things you could be doing/learning/watching with all that spare time. People who moan about being bored in general wind me up. Cretins with zero imagination.

5 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

People that moan about being on furlough. I understand it from the perspective of being concerned about the possibility of not having a job to go back to, but if your job’s relatively secure and you’re off work and still getting paid then you are/were living the dream. This is especially relevant to the period last summer, I would’ve loved to have been on furlough - I had mates/colleagues who were and had a class time. Then you hear other people moaning about being ‘bored’. f**k me man, how tedious is your life that going to work adds some interest to it. There’s so many different things you could be doing/learning/watching with all that spare time. People who moan about being bored in general wind me up. Cretins with zero imagination.

It is possible to enjoy your job, you know.

Was on furlough last summer and can vouch it was quality.

I was on furlough March to June last year and it was superb. Spent most of me time in the back garden with some #cans.

Getting pished on a Tuesday lunchtime was glorious.

28 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I was on furlough March to June last year and it was superb. Spent most of me time in the back garden with some #cans.

Getting pished on a Tuesday lunchtime was glorious.

Sounds class tbh. I’m interested to know what @jimbaxters does that’s more enjoyable though.

Can confirm the wonder that is furlough, and that's despite the loss of income leaving me potless.

@jimbaxters understands the importance of having a job that makes a difference. That's why he manually masturbates live animals for artificial insemination.

57 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Sounds class tbh. I’m interested to know what @jimbaxters does that’s more enjoyable though.

I was responding to the part where he said that your life must be tedious if work adds interest. Don't disagree about furlough.

43 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Can confirm the wonder that is furlough, and that's despite the loss of income leaving me potless.

@jimbaxters understands the importance of having a job that makes a difference. That's why he manually masturbates live animals for artificial insemination.

You need your brain rinsing.

That's why he manually masturbates live animals for artificial insemination.
Lucky man, I just get the dead ones.

I've been loving furlough though some of my colleagues have been complaining a lot about being bored. My mother used to say "only boring people are bored" and I think she was right. I understand NBB may not have been entirely serious but there are people who can't enjoy time by themselves unless the TV is on. That's a pretty sad way to go through life.

21 minutes ago, Binos said:

Hawkeye in football fine, was the ball over the line

Everything else, ruined sport

Tennis are doing away with line judges and using Hawkeye for the line calls now due to Covid.  It's brilliant.  Gets rid of the need for challenges.

During furlough (100% pay - yassss) I've been doing a load of new stuff - including blacksmithing and knife making but the neighbours will go nuts if I start banging away on this at 9-10pm 

20210209_123739.thumb.jpg.3c790d56aa1fa9421e697bbe278aaf6c.jpg

However, yes I'm bored of it and really want to get back to work as soon as it's safe. I get to drive around the country staying in nice hotels, dining in nice restaurants - all on expenses.