Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

4 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Any time I've used mine it's been quicker than using the oven, largely because it only takes a fraction of the time to warm up.

Most things like chicken breasts, chips, frozen fillets, veg etc only take 20 mins tops.  10 mins for a bunch quarter pounders or salmon fillets.

Greatest novelty for me is being able to reheat pastry goods without them turning soggy as they would in the microwave.  Only downside I can think of is that you have to shake the thing frequently, which I'm admittedly quite bad at remembering to do.

Eta: I was very sceptical of them before my other half got one for the house.  I use it all the time now and even a modern technophobe who hates kitchen work like myself finds it a piece of cake to use.

Cook sausages in the air frier. Honestly, you'll thank me. 

The one time I saw him was at Edinburgh Castle Esplanade - good gig, but he never said one single word to the audience.  He left all that stuff to Georgie Fame to do.
My late dad was a big fan of Van Morrison and saw him play live several times, he reckoned he spoke about 20 words to the audience in total between all the gigs.

4 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

I'm a massive Van Morrison fan, seen him over 20 times live and had booked tickets for his concert at Kelvingrove last summer, subsequently rescheduled for this summer. 

However the wee fat grumpy baldy f**k can take a hike after his Covid denial nonsense... 

You always knew they'd be days like this ...

13 hours ago, Empty It said:
13 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:
It's not. It's a 2kg box emoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

Coke be expensive nowadays but you should support your local suppliers.

'Sniff in to chip in' is a catchy slogan that would get the backing of those controlling the economy I'd imagine.

3 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

PTTGOMN is people thinking chips in the oven from potatoes take ages because they can't be arsed destarching them.

TBF if you add the destarching time it takes much much longer but they taste nice 

Huh...I used to make chips from scratch with my granny, and I never knew that was why we left them to soak in cold water.

P&B once again proving to be the nexus of information flow.

People who touch television/computer screens.

I understand the necessity to occasionally point at something on the telly, but now I have to watch the rest of the film with your dirty great greasy fingerprint distracting me, so I'm afraid that I'll need to be cutting off your hands if you can't point without touching. No offence.

PTTGOMN is people thinking chips in the oven from potatoes take ages because they can't be arsed destarching them.
TBF if you add the destarching time it takes much much longer but they taste nice 
How long do you destarch them for? I usually just run them under water until it runs clear (5 mins at most).

Internet shopping, more specifically returning stuff that doesn’t fit.

I am trying to get a new winter jacket and some boots and it used to be they’d send you a paid returns label. I have had to send back 2 pairs of boots and a jacket and only the jacket had a paid returns label, so it’s cost me nearly £20 to not buy anything. 

1 hour ago, Jambomo said:

Internet shopping, more specifically returning stuff that doesn’t fit.

I am trying to get a new winter jacket and some boots and it used to be they’d send you a paid returns label. I have had to send back 2 pairs of boots and a jacket and only the jacket had a paid returns label, so it’s cost me nearly £20 to not buy anything. 

Find this infuriating, I remember getting some boots off Sports Direct and had to send them back, did it signed for and it was up around £15. 

Bought trainers from Brown Bag Clothing and their tag line was that because they give such cheap deals, they couldn't possibly offer free returns. 

Fwiw, have a look at Parcel2Go when sending stuff back, can save a decent chunk opposed to going to the post office.