Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Seventy if you don't do BODMAS and treat each cookie picture the same regardless of the number of chocolate chips, treat each banana image as the same value regardless of the number of bananas, and treat each clock as worth the same regardless of what time is displayed. Only the middle part of that logic is really flawed. Nobody has ever charged more for a cookie depending on its number of chips let alone attached more value to a clock for showing a different time.

9 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Seventy if you don't do BODMAS and treat each cookie picture the same regardless of the number of chocolate chips, treat each banana image as the same value regardless of the number of bananas, and treat each clock as worth the same regardless of what time is displayed. Only the middle part of that logic is really flawed. Nobody has ever charged more for a cookie depending on its number of chips let alone attached more value to a clock for showing a different time.

This is why I can’t do maths unless it’s engineering. It has to mean something or I get angry at it.

:lol:

It's 2 dimensional so we have no idea how many cookies there are underneath, likewise the number of bananas and the times of whatever number of clocks, so each image represents a category, namely cookies, bananas and clocks. The answer is 70, or unknowable, depending on the question.

Edited by welshbairn

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It's 2 dimensional so we have no idea how many cookies there are underneath, likewise the number of bananas and the times of however number of clocks, so each image represents a category, namely cookies, bananas and clocks. The answer is 70, or unknowable, depending on the question.

The first time I did the maths thing I got 35 but that was because I hadn't spotted that the clock was at 2:00 not 3:00 so multiplied the cookie chips by 5 not 4. Once I picked up on that my answer became 28.

21 minutes ago, GordonD said:

The first time I did the maths thing I got 35 but that was because I hadn't spotted that the clock was at 2:00 not 3:00 so multiplied the cookie chips by 5 not 4. Once I picked up on that my answer became 28.

14 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I got 70 first until I realised the items were not the same in each pictorial.  So I changed to 28.  

Nice wrong answers.

Brackets, Orders, Divide, Multiply, Add, Subtract

2+1+1x7=10

Glad I'm not the only one who forgets all about BODMAS once enough time has elapsed.

Today's petty thing is YouTubers who produce otherwise solid videos, but have utterly horrific accents or, ludicrously common, are inexplicably unable to pronounce common words correctly. They must be doing it deliberately; you surely can't go through life hearing people say something completely differently to you and think the whole world is wrong.

Currently watching a video from some lad who speaks like the Reverend Lovejoy. I must admit-ah, I do find it-ah, something of a mint-ah.

1 hour ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Nice wrong answers.

Brackets, Orders, Divide, Multiply, Add, Subtract

2+1+1x7=10

Brackets?  What brackets?  I see only clocks, bananas, cookies and plus/times/equals icons.

BODMAS is shite. 

3 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

I take it you mean Kate Bottley?

Everyone knows she's a vicar, but why the dog collar all the fucking time?

Free advertising.