Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

7 hours ago, Mr Tourette said:

As far as I’m aware “pish” is uniquely Scottish as well. Also a brilliant word

It's a Yiddish word too. Was delighted when the wife's family referred to "taking the dog out for a pish", and they likewise when I explained that we also use it to say something's rubbish, or that somebody under the influence is "pished".

Then I went too far by explaining some of our other words, but least said, soonest mended.

5 hours ago, bernardblack said:

The woman in the Voxi advert for
unlimited social media 

^^^ thiiiiiiiiiis.

I take it they're just trying to build awareness of their name and don't care if it's only because folk detest them for those adverts.

I see they've recently re-edited the "I am endless" advert to make her seem less of an utterly self-absorbed & terrifying thundercunt, but they still haven't been entirely successful.

3 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

fornenst

I'd genuinely never encountered that one until I saw it in a book a while back and had to look it up - might have been by somebody like Jack House or one of those older Scottish writers.

Must admit, I've gradually come round to the idea of Scots actually being a distinct language as opposed to a dialect; there are probably enough differences in vocabulary and syntax from English...I think what always put me off thinking of it as such previously was that bizarre Lallans thing that stitched together bits and pieces from different areas of the country and periods of time, producing something no-one ever had actually spoken that called itself Scots.

Microsoft security notices on Marco documents that pop up at the back of all your Windows.
If anything deserves an auto focus it's these fucking things.