Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 minute ago, GiGi said:

To give the ombudsman their due, just over a year ago I had a problem with an unauthorised switch on my account and Scottish Power were washing their hands of it and saying it wasn't their problem. I went to the ombudsman and within a fortnight they'd told Scottish Power to fix it, compensate me, write a letter of apology for the shite service and a couple of other things. They just don't get involved unless you haven't had a satisfactory outcome from the supplier within 8 weeks. I'm getting to that point now.

As it happens I've just had a call this morning from someone to tell me I haven't given a meter reading since June 🤪 I've given meter readings on a fortnightly basis since the end of November so at this point I think they're just trying to annoy me.

Begs the question why you didn't dropkick SP at that point?

The ombudsman usually won't do much until you have your complaint closed by the company either. 

It's a toothless regulatory body but he can be quite intimidating with his stovepipe hat and long, hooky stick.

5 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Begs the question why you didn't dropkick SP at that point?

I have an ancient meter that no one else will deal with, so the resolution from the ombudsman included that I get the cheapest possible tarriff at the time which I was happy to take and requested a new, modern meter to be installed in the mean time. The pandemic has given them an excuse to not do that either. It's honestly a fucking shambles.

I was out in the car earlier and switched on the radio for Talkback on Radio Ulster but had to switch off after 5 minutes. William Crawley should shut his f******* gub. If he stopped playing crappy music and kept quiet he would have plenty of time for "first time callers, female callers" and even repeat callers. It's Talkback, not William Crawley Talksback.

3 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

I was out in the car earlier and switched on the radio for Talkback on Radio Ulster but had to switch off after 5 minutes. William Crawley should shut his f******* gub. If he stopped playing crappy music and kept quiet he would have plenty of time for "first time callers, female callers" and even repeat callers. It's Talkback, not William Crawley Talksback.

Do Radio Ulster still play the Undertones every 8 minutes? Interspersed with Feargal Sharkey. 

4 hours ago, BFTD said:

Angry Local Newspaper Face at the ready.

The Greenock Telegraph is currently enthralled with the rolling story of 'Foreign Romanian workers take local jobs at Ferguson's shipyaird!!!', so it'll be a while before they can turn their withering eye of Sauron to this latest injustice.

Given that the local proper shipyaird men  managed to complete the grand total of zero boats in their ferry contract, I'd be all for moving the contract and entire production line to Constanta now tbh. 

11 hours ago, GiGi said:

I have an ancient meter that no one else will deal with, so the resolution from the ombudsman included that I get the cheapest possible tarriff at the time which I was happy to take and requested a new, modern meter to be installed in the mean time. The pandemic has given them an excuse to not do that either. It's honestly a fucking shambles.

It's odd that. Our wiring looks like something out of Frankenstein's lab but SP put in a new meter not so long ago.

Perhaps the meter man got fed up of reading Roman numerals.

34 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
12 hours ago, RiffRaff said:
That Microsoft do not recognise "outwith" as a word.

I didn't realise until fairly recently (maybe a year or so) that "outwith" is apparently quite a unique Scottish word. I think it was in a tweet and Suzie Dent the Countdown lassie had to explain it to folk in one of the replies.

I didn't know that until know. Here's a daily record article on the subject from October last year.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/scotland-now/scottish-twitter-users-shocked-after-22881922