Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

6 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Worse than petty, but once again another night of insomnia has struck.

f**k you insomnia. f**k you.

Have you tried using a weighted blanket?

I've always had issues sleeping due to restless leg syndrome and I was recommended a weighted blanket. I still struggle some nights but it has definitely helped me. When I was researching what a weighted blanket actually does there were loads of insomnia sufferers saying it helped them too. The weight on your body gives a type of pressure therapy, which causes your body to release serotonin and melatonin. Supposed to give you a more peaceful sleep and help you wake up happier/with less anxiety. I've definitely noticed a difference there but it has taken a bit of getting used to. Might be worth a shout. 

On 19/01/2021 at 13:48, GordonD said:

Am I imagining it or did Railtrack once put forward the idea of strapping volunteers to boards at the side of the track to establish how close they could get to a passing train? The unions just about had kittens when they heard and the idea was hastily dropped.

Should have tried it with this guy.

8BBA4589-C9C1-4B50-8553-5C3AF619C34E.jpeg

8 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Have you tried using a weighted blanket?

I've always had issues sleeping due to restless leg syndrome and I was recommended a weighted blanket. I still struggle some nights but it has definitely helped me. When I was researching what a weighted blanket actually does there were loads of insomnia sufferers saying it helped them too. The weight on your body gives a type of pressure therapy, which causes your body to release serotonin and melatonin. Supposed to give you a more peaceful sleep and help you wake up happier/with less anxiety. I've definitely noticed a difference there but it has taken a bit of getting used to. Might be worth a shout. 

I have not tried but might look into it. 

On 14/12/2020 at 15:23, GiGi said:

Scottish Power are absolute worstcunts. Had nothing but problems with them for the last couple of years and can't even move because they won't sort out my account for billing or give me a normal meter. 

They owe me a few hundred quid of credit and apparently can't refund it due to their latest f**k up. Which they didn't tell me about until I phoned them to complain that my refund was late.

I already rinsed them through the ombudsman for a serious problem involving my personal data last year that took several months to sort. I will gladly do so again but just really need to rid myself of them.

Still. Not. Fucking. Sorted. This shower are so bad I want to go to their office and break shit.

Called today to see where my complaint is at, give reference, sorry sir that is a type of reference for us but it's not a complaint. There has been no complaint raised I'll have to do this for you now. You will get a call back in 1 week.

FFS all I want is my money! In 1 week it'll be over 8 weeks since I first requested a refund with no movement. If my complaint handler is not calling to tell me the money is winging its way to me in all haste then it's ombudsman time but that will take potentially another month to see any resolution.

Think I'm just better calling the bank and telling them to pull my money back through an indemnity claim?

Still. Not. Fucking. Sorted. This shower are so bad I want to go to their office and break shit.
Called today to see where my complaint is at, give reference, sorry sir that is a type of reference for us but it's not a complaint. There has been no complaint raised I'll have to do this for you now. You will get a call back in 1 week.
FFS all I want is my money! In 1 week it'll be over 8 weeks since I first requested a refund with no movement. If my complaint handler is not calling to tell me the money is winging its way to me in all haste then it's ombudsman time but that will take potentially another month to see any resolution.
Think I'm just better calling the bank and telling them to pull my money back through an indemnity claim?
Re your first sentence, it's not actually a terrible idea to tell them you are coming to their office to see them. I used to have a gaffer who dealt with things in this way. He said he had a few good results off awkward b*****ds by asking for an address and contact name then telling them I will be there at 10am this Thursday.

7 hours ago, GiGi said:

Write to them recorded delivery setting out a chargeable rate of interest if the refund isn't with you in 5 working days. Or tell them the case will be sent to a debt collection agency and they are liable for the cost of the company. Speak in terms they understand. Either that or just go to the OfGem

7 hours ago, GiGi said:

🤣 pretty sure every goon I've spoken to in the last 2 months have been working from home.

36 minutes ago, 101 said:

Write to them recorded delivery setting out a chargeable rate of interest if the refund isn't with you in 5 working days. Or tell them the case will be sent to a debt collection agency and they are liable for the cost of the company. Speak in terms they understand. Either that or just go to the OfGem

Aye I'll certainly be demanding compo for my time and lost interest on the credit balance they're hoarding.

18 hours ago, GiGi said:

Sounds a major pain in the arse I'd leave the indemnity and make sure you raise a complaint with them, asking for redress for distress and inconvenience, your time & and expenses such as phone calls. 

The ombudsman usually won't do much until you have your complaint closed by the company either. 

17 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Sounds a major pain in the arse I'd leave the indemnity and make sure you raise a complaint with them, asking for redress for distress and inconvenience, your time & and expenses such as phone calls. 

The ombudsman usually won't do much until you have your complaint closed by the company either. 

To give the ombudsman their due, just over a year ago I had a problem with an unauthorised switch on my account and Scottish Power were washing their hands of it and saying it wasn't their problem. I went to the ombudsman and within a fortnight they'd told Scottish Power to fix it, compensate me, write a letter of apology for the shite service and a couple of other things. They just don't get involved unless you haven't had a satisfactory outcome from the supplier within 8 weeks. I'm getting to that point now.

As it happens I've just had a call this morning from someone to tell me I haven't given a meter reading since June 🤪 I've given meter readings on a fortnightly basis since the end of November so at this point I think they're just trying to annoy me.