Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

47 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

While we're talking about it, my not at all petty ttgoyn is doggers leaving all their paraphernalia all over the countryside. I take my wee boy out for a lot of woodland walks and the uptick in evidence of dogging in the car parks over the covid period has been insane. It's so dispiriting wanting to go and get some fresh air in nice surroundings and you are stepping over rubber johnnies and wet wipes. Just shag in your house!

Where?

54 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Just shag in your house!

7 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Where?

5 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Often Fife, funnily enough

Then you'd think they'd live in the same house, being closely related and all.

1 hour ago, Shotgun said:

I'm not following. Why would a Fifer leave his Gran out of it?

He might no want to raise frictions with his brother and father. It's complicated.

Edited by welshbairn

My latest Virgin broadband "deal" is up and I am now charged £15 a month more than a new customer. I've been with them for 12 years and I'm onto plums re a discount.  Unfortunately my street has few options and I'll get worse speed but Virgin can get stuffed. 

13 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

My latest Virgin broadband "deal" is up and I am now charged £15 a month more than a new customer. I've been with them for 12 years and I'm onto plums re a discount.  Unfortunately my street has few options and I'll get worse speed but Virgin can get stuffed. 

They had my maw in a similar situation. Refusing to budge on a £46 quid deal that new customers were getting for £20-odd.

Commit to the cancellation. They'll phone you back with a cut price deal. At least they did in her case.

11 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

We were the same with Sky (TV, not braodband), which we have now cancelled. 

16 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

They had my maw in a similar situation. Refusing to budge on a £46 quid deal that new customers were getting for £20-odd.

Commit to the cancellation. They'll phone you back with a cut price deal. At least they did in her case.

Received a letter from them saying they tried to call.  Rather than let me know what any deal might be, the letter told me to call a number (I just did and was told my waiting time was one hour).  Customer service to the fore.  I was also to check my account with them which would have details of any deals.  To my utter surprise, it said that I don't have any deals available.  

14 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Received a letter from them saying they tried to call.  Rather than let me know what any deal might be, the letter told me to call a number (I just did and was told my waiting time was one hour).  Customer service to the fore.  I was also to check my account with them which would have details of any deals.  To my utter surprise, it said that I don't have any deals available.  

Aye, phone, cancel. They'll call you before the disconnection date.

And they'll be persistent too. Again, just my experience.

On 16/01/2021 at 22:29, Hampden Diehard said:

On 16/01/2021 at 22:44, Ludo*1 said:

18 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Aye, phone, cancel. They'll call you before the disconnection date.

And they'll be persistent too. Again, just my experience.

I tried this as a few mates had done similar the b*****ds were just like "Ach well, see ye!". I complained on their website and they got back in touch about that and I ended up a couple of quid less than what I was paying. Fuckin shower of chancers. 

People's responses to the news that others have been furloughed.

The number of folk who have said something along the lines of "Oh my God I'm so sorry!!!" as if my entire family have died in an horrific fire is ridiculous. I know it's not an ideal situation, but I'm still getting wages, and should still have a job to go back to, so calm the f**k down.

I was furloughed last March until June but was only getting 80% but I didn't care, I was sat in my shorts and t-shirt all day in the back garden with some cans.  It was brilliant.  The lack of 20% top up from my employer didn't bother me as I was eating less and spending zero on fuel.

100% money on furlough would be heaven.

Folk you only tell you the street number to drop something off at, only to spring the surprise on you that there are 8 buzzers to select from. 

Had it not contained £400 worth of kit it would be sitting outside on the pavement just now.

I struggled incredibly so over Christmas with nothing to do and nowhere to go. As shite as getting up and making someone else more money than yourself is in this lockdown malarkey I'd pick to work every single time. 

Given I spent the last ten days watching Justified and playing video games versus today where I had to get up before 8am and pretend to look busy all day I’m not sure I agree.