Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Guest The Phoenix
I want to watch 'How to make an American Quilt' on DVD but my husband for some reason has the DVD hooked up through the video, on which I'm taping Vera Drake :angry:<_<

Problem solved -

Quilting is the process of taking two pieces of fabric, putting a layer of wool, cotton, or stuffing in-between, and stitching them together. People all over the world, from China to Africa to Europe, have been quilting clothing and blankets for centuries.

In America, quilts have been keeping people warm for generations. Patchwork quilting--taking scraps of cloth arranged in geometric designs and then quilting them to make a bed cover--became very popular in the 19th century. The stitching or quilting not only keeps the layers together, but also adds a decorative element. Quilting is still very popular in America today.

:D

Problem solved -

Quilting is the process of taking two pieces of fabric, putting a layer of wool, cotton, or stuffing in-between, and stitching them together. People all over the world, from China to Africa to Europe, have been quilting clothing and blankets for centuries.

In America, quilts have been keeping people warm for generations. Patchwork quilting--taking scraps of cloth arranged in geometric designs and then quilting them to make a bed cover--became very popular in the 19th century. The stitching or quilting not only keeps the layers together, but also adds a decorative element. Quilting is still very popular in America today.

:D

Thank you for that. I have just popped downstairs for something to eat and a drink and am currently atching it in bedroom having evicted snoring smelly husband to spare room!

Old fuckers who go shopping at the weekend

They have all week to go their messages, why go on a Saturday? Then they chat to the people on the checkout. " I still buy a big tin of beans, even though I only eat half as I used to give my wee Hughie, who is in New Zealand, Did i tell you my Hughie has his own Plumbing business....."

f**k off!!!

Do your shopping during the week, not at the weekend!!!!

Old fuckers who go shopping at the weekend

They have all week to go their messages, why go on a Saturday? Then they chat to the people on the checkout. " I still buy a big tin of beans, even though I only eat half as I used to give my wee Hughie, who is in New Zealand, Did i tell you my Hughie has his own Plumbing business....."

f**k off!!!

Do your shopping during the week, not at the weekend!!!!

There was a letter in the Metro last week saying something similar, complaining about old folk who decide to go and do their shopping in rush hour despite having the whole day free.

My gran (god rest her soul) used to get up at 7am every morning after she retired. She would then potter around all day doing the best part of nothing. Do old people just not like long lies?! :unsure:

Whats the opinion on here of neighbours? People to be tolerated or potential friends?? :unsure:

We are the middle house of a row of three, and we back onto the back of another three.

In the summer we get together and have the occasional barbeque and beers. We watched some world cup games in the garden of the people directly across from us - he opened his patio doors and put his telly there and we all sat in the garden drinking beers from a chiller and watching the WC. Fantastic! :D

Unfortuneately there's a young single guy next door to us and he's an ignorant arsehole. He has all-night parties with music that can best be described as 'laughable'. A couple of weeks ago he had someone in playing the bagpipes at 2am. There really is nothing you can do, so I don't even bother chinnning him. At the end of the day you have to live in your house and it's best not to risk a fued with a moron. He is such a choob he lied about being the manager in the job he recently got - another neighbour works for the same employer in a different dept. and told us he was a mere kitchen hand. :lol: But why lie, unless you are a moron?

We have what i call the "everything" neighbours. They seem to buy nearly every new product that is advertised on t.v, and they are not the most security-concious people either, they have a summerhouse with a t.v and dvd player inside, and they dont even have the brains to put blinds or curtains up so that anyone wouldnt be able to see the stuff and break in.

We have what i call the "everything" neighbours. They seem to buy nearly every new product that is advertised on t.v, and they are not the most security-concious people either, they have a summerhouse with a t.v and dvd player inside, and they dont even have the brains to put blinds or curtains up so that anyone wouldnt be able to see the stuff and break in.

Is it a big HD ready t.v. Neilly?

Im on the look out for one you see. ;)

I know eh? hard to believe i have friends away from here isnt it? :o:o get a grip :rolleyes:

Haha, you're telling me to get a grip?

I'm probably the only person on this forum who has never, ever had a go at you!

Nah it's my kitchen!

I have to agree with you on that one.

I hate it when I clean the kitchen and then half an hour later it's all messed up again because the other half has made his lunch. <_<

That and putting sharp knives in the sink. :(

Guest The Phoenix
I have to agree with you on that one.

I hate it when I clean the kitchen and then half an hour later it's all messed up again because the other half has made his lunch. <_<

That and putting sharp knives in the sink. :(

Any more of these sexist posts and I'm going straight to the complaints thread. ;)

I'll have you know I clean the kitchen when my wife tells me to. :(