Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

Aye, but for us auld yins it wouldna be “300g” stewing beef.

It wid be 1lb beef, 2 medium onions and 1/3rd pint of stock, 1/2lb lard, 6 chopped carrots and a cup of corn flour for thickening

(I know those aren’t direct size replacements but we were also guilty of using mixed measures)

Roux the day we get our measurements right.

18 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Is this about people shipping their strava stuff onto social media? There surely isnt a problem within strava, where everyone is on there for the same reason?

Yes, I've never used it so have no clue how it works but I've seen a million screenshots of people's runs. It was more about all the exercising related stuff that people post, whatever their "personal trainer" has them on this month. Strava was just the most common and first thing that came to my head. Sorry Strava, I apologise. A lot of your users are arseholes though.

5 hours ago, Raidernation said:

Aye, but for us auld yins it wouldna be “300g” stewing beef.

It wid be 1lb beef, 2 medium onions and 1/3rd pint of stock, 1/2lb lard, 6 chopped carrots and a cup of corn flour for thickening

(I know those aren’t direct size replacements but we were also guilty of using mixed measures)

Oliver go at that stew this weekend.

5 hours ago, The Golden God said:

Yes, I've never used it so have no clue how it works but I've seen a million screenshots of people's runs. It was more about all the exercising related stuff that people post, whatever their "personal trainer" has them on this month. Strava was just the most common and first thing that came to my head. Sorry Strava, I apologise. A lot of your users are arseholes though.

Na if they are taking it off of stava itself its arseholery

5 hours ago, The Golden God said:

I use one called Runkeeper. The voice is set to Madameoiselle. She is lovely and says stuff like “ooh la la you were fast!”.

19 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

I use one called Runkeeper. The voice is set to Madameoiselle. She is lovely and says stuff like “ooh la la you were fast!”.

Wouldn’t  be the first time a woman has said that to you I’d bet. 

Edited by Rugster

22 hours ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

Just got my car insurance renewal quote through the door, and it's the usual "bang an extra 50 quid onto the premium and see if they auto-renew without checking it" nonsense.

Mine was down this year, even before "negotiations".

18 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Mine was down this year, even before "negotiations".

Auto renewal from Direct Line (to save me time and money apparently) was £399. 

Quick look on compare the meerkat and it's £248 with Aviva. 

Direct Line can f**k off  😄

Auto renewal from Direct Line (to save me time and money apparently) was £399. 
Quick look on compare the meerkat and it's £248 with Aviva. 
Direct Line can f**k off  [emoji1]
Both our cars came in basically the same this year and unable to do better than a fivers saving on the comparison sites, another are sneaky. Guaranteed next year they will hammer it on.

18 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

I’ve used NFU for years. Brilliant service and prices. They do ask you lots of strange faremery questions though and have a limit on how many shotgun shells you can carry in the motor. 

Me too. And instead of trying to bump up the price every year it usually drops without having to haggle.

3 hours ago, Shandön Par said:

I’ve used NFU for years. Brilliant service and prices. They do ask you lots of strange faremery questions though and have a limit on how many shotgun shells you can carry in the motor. 

At a notorious Fife dogging spot

Shandon: "Yes officer, my NFU insurance does allow me to have this sheep in my car..."

People who have companies selling 'fragrances that smell exactly like your favourites but at a quarter of the price'. I don't have a problem with them selling them, it's the fact that they always say they're not copies or fakes they just happen to smell exactly like the real ones and come in boxes very similar also!

2 hours ago, spud131 said:

People who have companies selling 'fragrances that smell exactly like your favourites but at a quarter of the price'. I don't have a problem with them selling them, it's the fact that they always say they're not copies or fakes they just happen to smell exactly like the real ones and come in boxes very similar also!

I went out with a woman that did this, gave me a bottle of fake Sauvage and a jumper out of Next for Valentines. We don't see eachother anymore.

6 hours ago, Shandön Par said:

Still got the Massey Ferguson then?

45 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

While we're talking about it, my not at all petty ttgoyn is doggers leaving all their paraphernalia all over the countryside. I take my wee boy out for a lot of woodland walks and the uptick in evidence of dogging in the car parks over the covid period has been insane. It's so dispiriting wanting to go and get some fresh air in nice surroundings and you are stepping over rubber johnnies and wet wipes. Just shag in your house!

Sorry.