Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

42 minutes ago, hk blues said:

That article is wrong though - it says Europeans use a comma as a separator and the UK a decimal point.  The reverse surely?  

Europe (and lots of other countries) is comma, UK is decimal point.

Scrap that, you’re talking separator not decimal. As you were.

Edited by Melanius Mullarkey

16 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Folk who use a full stop instead of a comma when writing numbers.

For example, 500.000 is five hundred, not five hundred thousand. Five hundred thousand is 500,000.

This is primary school level stuff.

Who uses a point instead of a comma in denoting 1000s (ie not as a decimal point/comma)?  I honestly don’t think I’ve ever seen a ‘000 separator as a point.

If it’s at your work I would report them to the police immediately.

Edited by Melanius Mullarkey

16 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Folk who use a full stop instead of a comma when writing numbers.

For example, 500.000 is five hundred, not five hundred thousand. Five hundred thousand is 500,000.

This is primary school level stuff.

I mean my PTTGOYN is you having three digits after the decimal point for it's 500, that would be two.  The first digit after is redundant because it can only be zero. 

Same

Different

43 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I mean my PTTGOYN is you having three digits after the decimal point for it's 500, that would be two.  The first digit after is redundant because it can only be zero. 

Same

Different

I’m not sure I understand you here. Are you trying to see that having three decimal places is wrong?

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Same

Different

Wrong.

A full stop is being used incorrectly here. 

2 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Same

Different

How would those who use the decimal point as a separator know when it's a separator and when it's a decimal point?  Or do they show both i.e. 500.000.00 is 500 , 000 in our money?

Bloody foreigners coming here and stealing our numbering system!

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

How would those who use the decimal point as a separator know when it's a separator and when it's a decimal point?  Or do they show both i.e. 500.000.00 is 500 , 000 in our money?

Bloody foreigners coming here and stealing our numbering system!

The crazy Europeans write 500.000,00 in my experience. 

23 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Pubs were great. Remember the guys that sold fish as well? There was more to pubs in those days.

You still get these guys in some of the shadier pubs in Glasgow but it's normally shoplifted from Marks and Spencers.

6 hours ago, The Golden God said:

Strava. I wish the world realised that nobody cares about you exercising. The internet was bad enough with people relentlessly posting pictures and videos of their wean but now with lockdown this seems to have joined the party.

^^^ fatty tights

On 13/01/2021 at 21:02, DA Baracus said:

What the f**k is a 'cup' when it comes to measurement?!

It's supposed to be a ratio, not an exact measurement. You're supposed to work out how big you want your 'cup' to be, and dole the ingredients out in the proportions given. It's a reasonable enough idea, but relies upon the cook having some experience of calculating portion sizes. Folk used to have at least one person in the house who could do that shit, can you believe it? Crazy.