Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Back in the day we used to get gas and air before getting a tooth extracted. 

Apparently (aged 8 ) I informed the dentist that my Dad was a better footballer than him before going under

Edited by Angusfifer

3 hours ago, GordonD said:

How do you know?

In my vast and statistically significant population of 3 dentists and 4 doctors (1 consultant surgeon), the dentists drive more expensive cars so my theory is correct and will not enter into any further discussion on the matter. 

Good day, sir.

It seems to be an English thing but people who say "just about" when they actually mean "did"

Just (about) heard a newsreader on LBC say that West Ham "just about" beat Southend 1-0 in the FA cup....so did they beat Southend?  or was it a haed luck story?

Recall a commentator once saying the goalie "just about" kept the ball out...when he quite clearly did keep it out

Is it just me?

27 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

It seems to be an English thing but people who say "just about" when they actually mean "did"

Just (about) heard a newsreader on LBC say that West Ham "just about" beat Southend 1-0 in the FA cup....so did they beat Southend?  or was it a haed luck story?

Recall a commentator once saying the goalie "just about" kept the ball out...when he quite clearly did keep it out

Is it just me?

No, not just you. I detest this as well and I'm fully on your side.

'Just about' means someone nearly did something, but ultimately failed.

What these fools mean is 'only just'.

31 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Is it just me?

Heard a commentator saying yesterday that :

"The ball just wouldn't come down for him"

Is gravity not what it used to be?

20 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I see more dentists driving about in big cars than doctors.

And all the dentists I know work about 3 days a week.

ETA c***s the lot of them though.

Do dentists drive Porsche canine-elevens? 

The hygienist my dentist has is a little Polish wid called Wioleta. 

I had a workmate who went to Dundee Uni and he knew someone studying dentistry there. The guy was so bad he was told never to practice dentistry and he eventually joined the Army and end up as dentist to the Gurkhas. Poor buggers. 

I had a workmate who went to Dundee Uni and he knew someone studying dentistry there. The guy was so bad he was told never to practice dentistry and he eventually joined the Army and end up as dentist to the Gurkhas. Poor buggers. 

I knew a useless chap in Albania who bought his dentistry degree then spent his time complaining about never getting hired.

Right!!! How petty is this? 

To delete voicemail on my phone, I used to have to press three. That was fine. I could cope with that. "Press three to delete" it used to say.

Now I press three to delete to be met with "Press three to confirm".

So now I have to press it twice. How the f**k is that better? :angry:     

Which reminds me of another PTWGOMN, those "by me a coffee" buttons which are all over websites. A beer, maybe, but you can buy your own coffee.

Especially when the plea comes directly after this

The Local Democracy Reporting Service (LDRS) is a public service news agency : funded by the BBC

The public are already giving you money as it is and you want me to buy you a coffee?

6 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Always found that part of Edinburgh to be a little bit strange. Likes of Niddrie and Pilton get the bad reputation in Edinburgh but that whole London Rd, Piershill, Willowbrae and Craigentinny area strikes me as just as dodgy.

9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
54 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:
Enjoying Traces on BBC1 then up pops Janey fucking Godley, at least she's not telling jokes.

Has she ever told a joke?

I genuinely believe that she thinks she tells jokes.