Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I googled wisdom tooth extraction and I was going to put a good image up, but I haven't got the heart.

I'm sure it'll be fine and that technology has moved on.

Aye, they've got stuff to take the rust off the chisels now. What a time to be alive!

55 minutes ago, BFTD said:

This was presumably back in the pre-NHS days, when women would have all their teeth removed as a wedding present, so they would never have to spend money on dental treatment.

No.  Do you want to presume anything else?

55 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

c**t

c**t

c**t

Will be fine. Mind over matter 

It honestly isn't as bad as it sounds when you are under sedation, the  next 2-3 days are a bit nippy though & best not to look at the aftermath in the mirror.

Those dentists needles always feel if they're 6 feet long.

Aged 13 I had to get a molar out. The dentist was an old guy and he injected the anaesthetic. He then got the pliars but the tooth wouldn't come out. It eventually did and it was bloody sore. I said "oohyah, ya b*****d"

He said "Did that hurt?"

I said "Aye, it did"

He examined the molar. "Ah, I see why it wouldn't come out. Most molars only have two roots. Yours had 3. That happens apparently to 1 in 10,000 people.."

He asked to keep it for the Dental School and I was happy to donate it. It wasn't much use to me.

11 hours ago, Robin.Hood said:

c**t

c**t

c**t

Will be fine. Mind over matter 

You'll be fine I had the 2 lower ones out which apparently are the tricky ones and a few days of discomfort and rinsing with sterile mouth wash I was fine. Only thing to prepare yourself for is I got dots all over my face at it was bruising from when the doctors had been pulling my jaw open obviously you're under so can't feel a thing but the bruises look weird

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Those dentists needles always feel if they're 6 feet long.

Aged 13 I had to get a molar out. The dentist was an old guy and he injected the anaesthetic. He then got the pliars but the tooth wouldn't come out. It eventually did and it was bloody sore. I said "oohyah, ya b*****d"

He said "Did that hurt?"

I said "Aye, it did"

He examined the molar. "Ah, I see why it wouldn't come out. Most molars only have two roots. Yours had 3. That happens apparently to 1 in 10,000 people.."

He asked to keep it for the Dental School and I was happy to donate it. It wasn't much use to me.

^^^

B75118F9-1513-46BF-91E3-CC53E47F9143.jpeg

18 hours ago, Robin.Hood said:

Get my wisdom tooth taken out next friday. Nae gid 

I've had 2 out under local anaesthetics and the worst bit was the jabs. Both stopped bleeding the same day and the stinging wasn't much worse than a cut anywhere. 

Definitely nowhere near as bad as circumcision as an adult. 

I've had all of my wisdom teeth out over the course of the last year, and all under local anaesthetic. Thought it would be a skoosh when the first one basically just popped out. They got progressively more difficult, and by the last one, it felt like he had his feet up on the wall to get enough purchase to rip the fucker out.

The last one was the only one that was sore for more than a few hours after the anaesthetic wore off, and that was probably just from the force required rather than anything else. It was fine after 24 hours though.

As a sidenote, are dental hygienists the cuntiest people in the world, or is this just my bad luck?

14 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Dental hygienists are to dentists what dentists are to doctors in failing to make the grade stakes.

I see more dentists driving about in big cars than doctors.

And all the dentists I know work about 3 days a week.

ETA c***s the lot of them though.

Edited by Melanius Mullarkey