Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 hours ago, virginton said:

HMRC still hasn't completed my tax calculation for last year and now 'aims' to do so and send a P800 out by April 5. While it's clearly been a busy year, this is a failed state level of service for a straightforward PAYE, oh we fucked up here's some money back process. And they should be adding a year's inflation + interest on top as well.

"Only the little people pay tax"

-Rangers FC

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:
7 hours ago, coprolite said:
New box of fruit and fibre this morning. I got 6 raisins and 6mm of dried apple among my bran flakes. 

Why not buy Bran Flakes and add your own fruit?

I do buy plastic pots and put my own noodles in, so i can see the logic. 

2 hours ago, virginton said:

HMRC still hasn't completed my tax calculation for last year and now 'aims' to do so and send a P800 out by April 5. While it's clearly been a busy year, this is a failed state level of service for a straightforward PAYE, oh we fucked up here's some money back process. And they should be adding a year's inflation + interest on top as well.

The department my colleague wrote to explained that a six month delay in acknowledging a letter was because no one had been in the office to check the post. 

You've no chance of getting anything above standard repayment interest, including an apology. 

3 hours ago, Robin.Hood said:

Get my wisdom tooth taken out next friday. Nae gid 

That was horrible for me. Sinuses full of congealed blood and the most debilitating headache ever. They had to lift me into the taxi afterwards and I've no idea how I got into the house at the other end. Maybe the taxi driver tucked me in.

I think I just react badly to anaesthesia though. You'll likely be fine with a bit of Bru. Just try not to think about having your jaw ripped open like the Reach Toothbrush Flip-Top Head guy, while some deranged dentist yanks on your teeth with a pair of pliers.

21 minutes ago, BFTD said:

That was horrible for me. Sinuses full of congealed blood and the most debilitating headache ever. They had to lift me into the taxi afterwards and I've no idea how I got into the house at the other end. Maybe the taxi driver tucked me in.

I think I just react badly to anaesthesia though. You'll likely be fine with a bit of Bru. Just try not to think about having your jaw ripped open like the Reach Toothbrush Flip-Top Head guy, while some deranged dentist yanks on your teeth with a pair of pliers.

This sounds wonderful. 

2 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

This sounds wonderful. 

How many are you having out? I had all four at the same time and I do get the feeling that the anaesthetic was what hit me hardest. Same for any other operations I've had.

Perhaps I should have thought that last post through a bit more  :lol:

28 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I had to get mine taken out under a general anaesthetic 'cos it had become infected and I could hardly open my mouth.

Never felt a thing...  :)

Just now, ICTJohnboy said:

I had to get mine taken out under a general anaesthetic 'cos it had become infected and I could hardly open my mouth.

Same here, but because they thought they'd practically have to dislocate my jaw to get at them, and I might freak out if I was awake (or so I was told). So, thankfully, I missed that part.

I remember rather stupidly going to an ice hockey match the same day I had a tooth extracted, and thought I'd have a couple of whiskys in the bar as the anesthetic had worn off.  Somehow forgetting that alcohol thins the blood...

8 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

Buy lots of jelly and smash, the fuckers sawed part of my jawbone off during the op, which was great fun.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner.

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I extracted one of my own wisdom teeth.

This was presumably back in the pre-NHS days, when women would have all their teeth removed as a wedding present, so they would never have to spend money on dental treatment.

14 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

c**t

11 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Same here, but because they thought they'd practically have to dislocate my jaw to get at them, and I might freak out if I was awake (or so I was told). So, thankfully, I missed that part.

c**t

10 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

Buy lots of jelly and smash, the fuckers sawed part of my jawbone off during the op, which was great fun.

c**t

Will be fine. Mind over matter 

8 minutes ago, BFTD said:

This was presumably back in the pre-NHS days, when women would have all their teeth removed as a wedding present, so they would never have to spend money on dental treatment.

My granny had that done when she was 19. It’s why she gave such great blowjobs. 

Edited by Shandön Par

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I googled wisdom tooth extraction and I was going to put a good image up, but I haven't got the heart.

I'm sure it'll be fine and that technology has moved on.

Loved the noise when I got the top ones out. All the cracking and snapping of broken teeth.