Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

4 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

When you are about to prepare a normal sized portion of food then realise there's only a wee bit left in the container so chuck it all in only to end up with a huge serving that you curse as you struggle to finish.

...and the pan boils over.

Seen a big poster in Larbert for an estate agent. Not the company, the lassies name complete with big grinning mugshot. Another horrific americanism.

Also, my inner Fauna and the Thai takeaway I had lastnight are not playing nicely together.

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Seen a big poster in Larbert for an Realtor. Not the company, the lassies name complete with big grinning mugshot. Another horrific americanism.

Also, my inner Fauna and the Thai takeaway I had lastnight are not playing nicely together.

FTFY

23 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Seen a big poster in Larbert for an estate agent. Not the company, the lassies name complete with big grinning mugshot. Another horrific americanism.

Wid?

Also, whilst you are speaking of takeaways - Off the back of you saying on here it was good, I tried a doner kebab from the Gulnar Express a couple of weeks ago. 

My wife had a chicken tikka kebab and the wee lass had a pizza along with some chips which we all shared. 

Tried a bit of everything.

Doner kebab was fucking rank. Grey, tasteless, spiceless rank. Only plus was that it was generously portioned, but it’s not hard to see why they’re trying to get shot of it. 

Pizza was the arse end of “Meh”

Chicken tikka was very nice.  

Chips were generously portioned. 

Edited by 8MileBU

Wid?
Also, whilst you are speaking of takeaways - Off the back of you saying on here it was good, I tried a doner kebab from the Gulnar Express a couple of weeks ago. 
My wife had a chicken tikka kebab and the wee lass had a pizza along with some chips which we all shared. 
Doner kebab was fucking rank. Grey, tasteless, spiceless rank. Only plus was that it was generously portioned, but it’s not hard to see why they’re trying to get shot of it. 

I realise you were there on recommendation, but surely any takeaway serving multiple different cuisines is bound to be shite?

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:

I realise you were there on recommendation, but surely any takeaway serving multiple different cuisines is bound to be shite?

Just depends what you order I guess. The chicken tikka was really good. 

As a general rule of thumb though, usually, aye.

Edited by 8MileBU

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

A4 sheet of paper?

3 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Wid?

First bad review iv heard of the place. Maybe you were just unlucky

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:

Aye but the Gulnar express is attached to a first rate Indian Restaurant

34 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

First bad review iv heard of the place. Maybe you were just unlucky

Aye but the Gulnar express is attached to a first rate Indian Restaurant

I’m not saying it’s all bad, the doner kebab was very very guff though. 

I bought a faulty item from Argos on Monday night. Their policy is that items can only be returned to an Argos within a Sainsbury's, which there isn't in Falkirk. So I have the choice of being £40 out of pocket for an indefinite period of time or breaking the law by travelling to Stirling.

19 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I bought a faulty item from Argos on Monday night. Their policy is that items can only be returned to an Argos within a Sainsbury's, which there isn't in Falkirk. So I have the choice of being £40 out of pocket for an indefinite period of time or breaking the law by travelling to Stirling.

There's an Argos in Sainsbury in Linlithgow now. Not sure if that helps as it's still in a different council area.

24 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Can you not just post it? Maybe ask for a returns label for the postage.

27 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Did you buy it online?? If so, contact them and they should be able to collect it. We done it, and also got the delivery fee refunded as well.

9 minutes ago, centralTon said:

There's an Argos in Sainsbury in Linlithgow now. Not sure if that helps as it's still in a different council area.

Still a different council area.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Can you not just post it? Maybe ask for a returns label for the postage.

Not an option as I collected from the store.

2 minutes ago, philpy said:

Did you buy it online?? If so, contact them and they should be able to collect it. We done it, and also got the delivery fee refunded as well.

Nah I collected from the store.

To be honest what's irritated me more than anything was the staff treating me like I was an idiot for trying to return it. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to return it, so I went to the Argos website, down at the bottom there's a link to Returning an Item section, you click on that and it has the following info:

In Scotland - from Tuesday 5 January, items can be returned to an Argos store within a Sainsbury's supermarket, or our Stornoway store, whilst picking up essential shopping.

For more information about returns, including our extended returns policy and returning Tu clothing, see below.

And then you scroll down to Faulty Items and it does state: "If you do need to return an item, you can take it to any Argos store or Argos store within a Sainsbury's supermarket."

But it turns out there's an updated Coronavirus guidance section (which would have been helpful if that's what had been linked to) which makes no mention of returns.

I'm lucky in that it's only £40, which isn't going to break the bank to my wife and I, but if that had been something that cost a lot of money to a family less comfortable than us that's a major issue.

Just now, philpy said:

Surely they can give you a bit of leeway considering the current circumstances?? It's not your fault you can't travel outwith your local boundary. 

Not according to the staff at the store, and the guy I spoke to in their customer service department on the phone confirmed that my two choices were holding onto it for an indefinite amount of time, or breaking the law by travelling outwith Falkirk.

I mean, if we had a financial emergency and the £40 became needed, then I'd just go to Stirling as it'd then be essential travel, but still.