Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1) People posting “2020 was tough for us all but...” statuses. Birthday caird pish.

2) People sharing what they did during 2020 all over Instagram. I really don’t care that someone I went to school with had a nice cocktail in April, climbed Ben Lomond in July and received Christmas presents in December.

Edited by Scott-Replay

4 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

1) People posting “2020 was tough for us all but...” statuses. Birthday caird pish.

2) People sharing what they did during 2020 all over Instagram. I really don’t care that someone I went to school with had a nice cocktail in April, climbed Ben Lomond in July and received Christmas presents in December.

How would you access this information?

7 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

You can unfollow them

29 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

I mean that is literally the main point of IG, so I’d just delete the app or unfollow everyone.

16 minutes ago, 101 said:

You can unfollow them

I'm with him on this one.  Problem with simply unfollowing them is that they normally post some decent stuff.

That said, I operate a five strikes and you're out system regarding photos of friends' kids.  If the profile feed stops becoming about that person for 5 consecutive posts then they're unfollowed and I'll catch up with their news when I can be arsed looking for something interesting in a timeline dominated by toddlers in the garden / at the beach.

36 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

1. Don't see the issue.

2. Uninstall instagram or unfollow person

Here to help 🙂

39 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I mean that is literally the main point of IG, so I’d just delete the app or unfollow everyone.

Hate to tell you but the only point of Instagram is for advertiser to either sell you shit or to build up a better picture of what you like to then sell you stuff on other platforms. Pictures of people's kids their scran and their memories is just convenient.

Hate to tell you but the only point of Instagram is for advertiser to either sell you shit or to build up a better picture of what you like to then sell you stuff on other platforms. Pictures of people's kids their scran and their memories is just convenient.
Closer, but still not correct. The point of Instagram is to raise the price of Facebook stock.

19 minutes ago, 101 said:

If you are the company then yes. That is not the point of Instagram to the consumer, which is what was being discussed.

18 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
34 minutes ago, 101 said:

Closer, but still not correct. The point of Instagram is to raise the price of Facebook stock.

The point of Instagram is to keep the easily amused amused, when they’re not watching ‘reality’ TV.

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

I'm with him on this one.  Problem with simply unfollowing them is that they normally post some decent stuff.

That said, I operate a five strikes and you're out system regarding photos of friends' kids.  If the profile feed stops becoming about that person for 5 consecutive posts then they're unfollowed and I'll catch up with their news when I can be arsed looking for something interesting in a timeline dominated by toddlers in the garden / at the beach.

Pretty much this. It’s not that said people post annoying things like this all the time. It’s quite literally just a petty thing that gets on my nerves.

ETA: To clarify, because it wasn’t at all clear, I’m referring to a series of stories I saw yesterday of people posting their “highlights” of the year. Perfectly entitled to share them, I just quickly grew tired of seeing the stories of very similar pictures.

Edited by Scott-Replay

22 hours ago, Scott-Replay said:

I know 2020 has been shite for a lot of people and I hope it gets better for you all.

I had a great year.
My daughter was born in March.
I was off for 4 months which meant I was with my daughter everyday until late July.
I now come home everyday to her smiles, tears & tantrums.

image.png.1a3c25fe6a1d8f3b7150617ff71c632f.png

33 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I know 2020 has been shite for a lot of people and I hope it gets better for you all.

I had a great year.
My daughter was born in March.
I was off for 4 months which meant I was with my daughter everyday until late July.
I now come home everyday to her smiles, tears & tantrums.

image.png.1a3c25fe6a1d8f3b7150617ff71c632f.png

They're great at that age (most of the time).

Actually, they're (mostly) great at most ages, in my experience.

People walking on the wrong side of the pavement.
Been out for walks with the wife the last few days since the weather's been nice and the amount of people who walk on the right hand side of the path and don't move as they come towards you.
Surely the correct side of the path to walk on is the left side since it's the side we drive etc.

8 minutes ago, spud131 said:

Been out for walks with the wife the last few days since the weather's been nice and the amount of people who walk on the right hand side of the path and don't move as they come towards you.
Surely the correct side of the path to walk on is the left side since it's the side we drive etc.

This is fucking wild. 

54 minutes ago, spud131 said:

I'm left handed. How can I chib annoying cnuts if I'm walking on the left side?

1 hour ago, spud131 said:

58 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

This is fucking wild. 

Haha, I strangely understand and kinda agree but when you see it worded and written down it is fucking wild. 

RE pavement etiquette, the one that riles me is when you're walking towards two people who are heading in your direction, but one decides to stay on 'your' side of the pavement.  I'm not just talking side-by-side couples here, but particularly those who are walking behind and apart from somebody else.  If you stay on the same side of the pavement as the person in front (walking in the same direction as you are) then you can avoid so many pavement discos.

If I see the potential for such a disco, I now just veer to the very edge of the path (so that the other person clearly sees there's only one potential option, ie 80% of the path that I've clearly just made open to them), then break eye contact before carrying on.  Bit arsey I know, but it's less hassle, and it works.  

FWIW, I once stood to the side in front of a lamp-post to let some wifey with a pram past.  She veered in my direction and told me to get out of her way.  What did she want to do, push the pram into the lamp-post behind me? :unsure2:

Edited by Hedgecutter

1 hour ago, spud131 said:

Our town centre has clearly marked arrows for a one way system, including boundaries for the pathway to give room for window shopping or queuing, and nobody pays a blind bit of attention to it. 

I'm afraid the imaginary rules that exist only in your head are less likely to be complied with.