Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

11 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Indeed, it was the night Scotland beat Czech Republic away. I had Norway, Slovakia, Poland & Lithuania on to return £1600 from £5. For some insane reason all of those teams were odds against v Northern Ireland, Israel, Bosnia & Albania respectively, including Lithuania being 12/1 which is what shot the odds up so significantly.

Anyway about an hour in I was only waiting on a goal from Poland and was being offered  about £150, which would have been a nice return from £5, but still, with only needing one goal for such a significantly bigger return I waited. The Poland goal came and from then I spent as much time watching the cash out increase as I did watching the Scotland game. I'd told myself I would wait until it hit £1000 and take it - £600 is obviously a lot to write off but you can't knock getting so much back off a £5 bet.

My nerves eventually broke at about £950 and I took it, with everyone other than Norway leading by only one goal inside the last 10 minutes. Less than five minutes after I cashed out Israel equalised.

I'd only ever use it when the bet is actually coming in. If you're only one goal away from a massive leap in return from a small stake I don't see why you wouldn't wait. It's different if you've got £20 on which is a significant stake to write off and you'd be getting three figures back with the early cash out anyway, but for the sake of a fiver bet I'd always wait with one goal in it.

Shut up. I was waiting for the magic £3000 marker. :(

On 07/09/2020 at 21:52, welshbairn said:

Fucking plum brandy swilling c***s. Let in a 91st minute goal for £4000 from a fiver. Should have cashed in at just under £3000 but wtf. :wacko:

image.thumb.png.2e7d7f7a3b07e6faa95ccdc51911e9b5.png

Edited by welshbairn

Auld folk in my family preemptively moaning about not receiving a card saying thanks for gifts from grandchildren, nephews and nieces.
Why does the older generation put so much value in receiving a wholly un-spontaneous message of thanks, written under duress with their parents breathing down their necks? 

This is very true, but I hate the thought that it’s me who is then a bad parent if my kids don’t show the good manners to respond, with a thank you to their Gran or Aunties. They’re all well into their 20’s now, but I still feel the need to remind them to say thank you. It’s mental.

When you have put the washing on only to find one of the kids has dumped a pair of socks in the corner of a room.  Idiots.
I'm not into white goods as such, but the presence of an "add item" button on our latest washing machine makes it one of my favourites.