Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, weirdcal said:

Bought 24 cans of Guinness and the cans have no widget. What the seventh level of hell is this monstrous decision?

It's all due to the Pandemic, mate.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/pandemic-leads-to-supply-issue-of-floating-widgets-in-cans-of-guinness-39652053.html

59 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
2 hours ago, weirdcal said:
Bought 24 cans of Guinness and the cans have no widget. What the seventh level of hell is this monstrous decision?

Buy yourself the wee vibrating plate

Just go into your wife's sock drawer

Ffs, hadn't even noticed the smaller size, no wonder the shops have them all on offer.
Buy yourself the wee vibrating plate
Dare I ask?
Just go into your wife's sock drawer
Na, the ones in there are either car battery powered or looks like a chainsaw pull starter.

1 minute ago, weirdcal said:

Ffs, hadn't even noticed the smaller size, no wonder the shops have them all on offer. Dare I ask? Na, the ones in there are either car battery powered or looks like a chainsaw pull starter.

With the danger of being too helpful @Bairnardo should have pointed you to a Guinness Surger. 

With the danger of being too helpful [mention=68117]Bairnardo[/mention] should have pointed you to a Guinness Surger. 
Il be honest. I thought I had done enough. 
Honestly I have never seen them. And I am in the land of Guinness.

9 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Naah...

Guinness from a can with a widget is pretty close to a decently pulled pint in a pub.

Disagree.

Plus when do you get a decently poured pint? 

It's gotten worse since the extra cold shite got pushed, the 'Art' of pulling pints was lost @ 2000, earlier in the Central belt.

2 hours ago, Manifesto said:

Disagree.

It's gotten worse since the extra cold shite got pushed, the 'Art' of pulling pints was lost @ 2000, earlier in the Central belt.

You can still get a very decently pulled pint in Dublin although maybe not all that convenient for everyone.

I agree with you on extra cold shite.

Edited by ICTJohnboy

25 minutes ago, weirdcal said:

Honestly I have never seen them. And I am in the land of Guinness.

The only used to exist in low Guiness traffic pubs to save having a keg. Now you can get them at home

23 minutes ago, Manifesto said:

Disagree.

This is arbitrary nonsense. Of course you can get a good pint. The main issue with Guinness specifically is with the brewery changing it almost beyond recognition

8 hours ago, 101 said:

With the danger of being too helpful @Bairnardo should have pointed you to a Guinness Surger. 

A "Guinness Surger" sounds like it should be defined in Roger's Profanisaurus as what you experience the morning after drinking Irish stout the night before.