Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

31 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

A friend of mine does this (and pet-sitting) semi-professionally.  Sometimes it’s just for people who are going away for a long weekend, somehow scared of leaving their house alone for  three nights.  Not even talking about big mansions full of valuables or anything here, just bog-standard middle class houses.  

Eta:  this is for houses with no pets to look after inside, just an empty house.  😕

How much can she charge for that?

On 09/12/2020 at 12:01, The Moonster said:

Some real horror shows on there. I also don't think they're correct. I've never heard anyone north of Cumbria call it a Bap. A Butty I've heard in the West of Scotland but rarely hear anyone ask for bap.

What the f**k are those borderers c***s up to? A Rowie?

Late to this conversation but I have never heard of a Rowie in my life.

Its a roll in D&G - always has been.

5 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I'm looking it up now, first one near me is a proper weirdo. Housitters.co.uk for those interested.

None near me sadly, the ones in Edinburgh look suspect. Not sure if I would rather a couple who know you will be pumping away on your bed or a single guy who will be inviting local singles round in something that will resemble the butler from Wolf of Wall Street.

9 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

How much can she charge for that?

No idea tbh.  She works part-time in a cafe and uses the house/pet sitting as a top up.

Just seen the price of dog walkers though.  F***ing hell.  I should seriously consider undercutting the competition seeing as I usually go out for an hour walk anyway.  That said, I’d probably wake up with a horse’s head in my bed or something.

10 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

No idea tbh.  She works part-time in a cafe and uses the house/pet sitting as a top up.

Just seen the price of dog walkers though.  F***ing hell.  I should seriously consider undercutting the competition seeing as I usually go out for an hour walk anyway.  That said, I’d probably wake up with a horse’s head in my bed or something.

I know someone who does it in London and makes a fortune and employs staff now. She's had an offer for her business by a bigger company but isn't selling.

12 hours ago, Tynierose said:

I've had a tight achilles for a few weeks and by overprotecting it I've managed to exacerbate my old knee injury and caused a bit of hip pain.

This getting old is shite.

Sounds like it's working its way up your body.

On 15/12/2020 at 09:31, GordonD said:

That's the way I feel about businesses with letters missing from their sign. If they can't be bothered to fix it then it's a sure sign they're going down the tubes and nobody cares any more.

sunshine desserts.jpg

Shop that have signs with superfluous apostrophes will never receive my business.

On 15/12/2020 at 12:23, Melanius Mullarkey said:

5 Years Time by Noah and the Whale.

More specifically Noah and the Whale.

More specifically the lead singer from Noah and Whale.

More specifically the accent of the singer from Noah and the Whale. 

p***k

Noah and the Fail.

4 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Companies which really stretch the limit of "Highland" when marketing their products.

Similarly a bottling company based in Huntly recently lost a case over the Loch Ness brand name after suing Loch Ness Spirits based in Dores, right on the Northern tip of the Loch.  

On 11/12/2020 at 16:44, Honest_Man#1 said:

Anyway, my PTTGOYN is my dishwasher stopped working a few weeks back. Called out Hotpoint and the next appointment was a week away, I describe the fault and the code and explain it might be the control panel based on what I can see. They show up a week later and say it’s the control panel, but they don’t have a spare as the engineer wasn’t told any fault details. 

Next available appointment another week away, shows up and changes control panel, but still doesn’t work so says it must be leaking into the base and needs a new seal. Don’t carry those either.

Next available appointment yet another week. Shows up today and can’t find a parking space on our street. Doesn’t want to park on single yellow lines, but wouldn’t wait for a space to free up or look outside our street for a space so passed onto another engineer. Next appointment another fucking week.

Why did they delete the heads gone thread? I need to nominate myself.

Today comes and goes without an appearance from Hotpoint, despite texts saying the engineer was minutes away at one point. Then get a call from their service centre to say the engineer cancelled the job as he didn’t have the parts, despite the one last week saying he had the parts and would pass them on to the engineer. Even if he didn’t have them, surely you check what job you’re going to and make sure you have the parts before you arrive ffs. They’ll contact me in 3-4 working days to rearrange as the part no longer is held in stock by them. So what did the c**t last week have in the van then?!

I’m absolutely fucking seething at how useless this company are. Disgraceful service.

Edited by Honest_Man#1

Booked my car in for a service on Monday and went to drop it off today. Apparently, I'm an idiot for assuming that this meant that my service had actually been booked when I turned up today. According to them it "Clearly says in the email to wait for you booking to be confirmed."

I'll let P&B judge what the main message of this email was:

image.png.1ea1e532395c441a926b4bbf981ab9b7.png

image.png.f7210c7373f1dcc3076d72f319348344.png

image.png.97ceb122b098f687f4cb2fe5841aba83.png

Edited by Carl Cort's Hamstring