Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

The Harry Corry logo. 

It's just the guy's name written in some skinny Arial-like font, which I could recreate in PowerPoint within 15 secs.  For a rather widespread chain, I'm looking for a bit more imagination, plus it looks tacky and sh*te.  In a word: lazy. 

No chance I'll be setting foot in one of their stores if that's the effort they put in to things. F*** you Harry, and your stores. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Sit and stick needles into my Father Christmas voodoo doll.

Nah, when I say I don't celebrate Christmas it's probably a bit misleading but I don't really know what other way to put it. I take nothing to do with religion and despise what Christmas is for most people (the gluttonous buying of unrequired shite) so I avoid those aspects of it. I do go to my parents house and have a lunch with them though, mainly as they'd likely think I'd disowned them if I didn't but also because I like my family and having lunch with them is a nice thing. We get together every week for a lunch (2020 excepted) so I don't really see that as me celebrating Christmas, but I understand some might say I do. 

I dont hate Christmas however working in retail makes me like it less. Having kids keeps me going throughout it. 

I look forward to it being January 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Sit and stick needles into my Father Christmas voodoo doll.

Nah, when I say I don't celebrate Christmas it's probably a bit misleading but I don't really know what other way to put it. I take nothing to do with religion and despise what Christmas is for most people (the gluttonous buying of unrequired shite) so I avoid those aspects of it. I do go to my parents house and have a lunch with them though, mainly as they'd likely think I'd disowned them if I didn't but also because I like my family and having lunch with them is a nice thing. We get together every week for a lunch (2020 excepted) so I don't really see that as me celebrating Christmas, but I understand some might say I do. 

Pretty much the same as me...although I don't have a father Christmas voodoo doll.

I detest the christmas period more and more each passing year - think a lot of that has to do with the whole build up lasting longer and longer - seems it is from early November 'til new year now.  I don't mind Christmas day and would probably even look forward to it if it was a one off - meal with family then just get on with our lives, none of this hideously obscene build up in the media....can barely even watch live tv due to the wall to wall sickening adverts

Ok, I live alone, so it would be different if I was in a family unit with young kids but I just find it all very depressing and cant wait for it to be over.   I am sure it will happen again next year.......only earlier

7 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

The Harry Corry logo. 

It's just the guy's name written in some skinny Arial-like font, which I could recreate in PowerPoint within 15 secs.  For a rather widespread chain, I'm looking for a bit more imagination, plus it looks tacky and sh*te.  In a word: lazy. 

No chance I'll be setting foot in one of their stores if that's the effort they put in to things. F*** you Harry, and your stores. 

Well said.  I always determine my shopping needs by the effort that has gone into said shop’s corporate logo.

16 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

The Harry Corry logo. 

I've told this story on here before, my company does some work for Mars and they run a competition to name their new biscuit entering the market. It, effectively was 3 maltesers chopped in half and melted together into a finger like shape. 

The 'winner' would have their name used, a nominal fee paid and a free supply of the biscuits. A guy I work with was walking around work with a pen and pad jotting down names (I genuinely believe he was up half the night that week thinking on what to call them). 

Anyway, he had a multitude of potential names the most fitting of which was - Malthreeesers - blinding. He's got to be in with a chance. 

The following Monday arrived, with a cardboard tube revealing the name required on the artwork :

640x640.jpg.4973b95ba06b1e7f8a6889e10d145972.jpg

:lol: Boy was barmy for about a fortnight. Fucking Maltesers Biscuit. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

32 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

The Harry Corry logo. 

A logo like that is commercial suicide. So, yes, they've committed Hari Cori...

19 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I've told this story on here before, my company does some work for Mars and they run a competition to name their new biscuit entering the market. It, effectively was 3 maltesers chopped in half and melted together into a finger like shape. 

The 'winner' would have their name used, a nominal fee paid and a free supply of the biscuits. A guy I work with was walking around work with a pen and pad jotting down names (I genuinely believe he was up half the night that week thinking on what to call them). 

Anyway, he had a multitude of potential names the most fitting of which was - Malthreeesers - blinding. He's got to be in with a chance. 

The following Monday arrived, with a cardboard tube revealing the name required on the artwork :

^^^^Maltseether.

21 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I find people to be far less cuntish in the build up to Christmas, for that reason alone Xmas is a good thing.

I would say it's the opposite.

Idiots stressing themselves out getting prepared for "the most important day of the year" becoming more selfish and entitled than before.

Idiots stressing themselves out getting prepared for "the most important day of the year" becoming more selfish and entitled than before.
You definitely get the fuckwits who can't wait to show off the pointless shite they have bought for their kids, which is really just a 'look at what we can afford*' opportunity. But I think out and about in the run up folk are generally in better moods.

*That part is questionable, obviously.

17 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Maybe you just mix with the wrong sort of people.

55 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

They should be called, "fucking dangerous". You can't have just one of the wee things.

1 hour ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

The foodbank donation box at my local supermarket has been overflowing for the last week. It usually isn't. Maybe they stopped collections, i don't know. 

3 hours ago, coprolite said:

The foodbank donation box at my local supermarket has been overflowing for the last week. It usually isn't. Maybe they stopped collections, i don't know. 

Never been more important.  Contributing to food banks is one of the simplest practical things we can do at the moment.  Not just food but toys too.

While at the same time raging that this is necessary in 2020.