Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

The near-absence of the 5 min YouTube video, many of which previously existed I'm sure.

Everything remotely interesting now seems to be at least 20 mins long (and starts with mins of please subscribe-type guff), which is useless when all you want is to dodge the boring TV adverts. 

11 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Football pundits starting a sentence with “listen” (Billy Dodds) or “look” (Mikey Stewart).

It's a tactic. Politicians have been doing it for years. It gives slightly more thinking time and is intended as an alert to the listener you are about to make a salient point. The fact they never do is neither here nor there.

11 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Car was in the garage for its MOT and now it's back I have realised they've not put the locking wheel nut socket back and I have to stew on this for two days till they're open again.

? Why would they have touched it?

Wheels wouldn't come off in an MOT.

So-called grown adults who try 'new' foods really, really slowly as if they're balancing something on their spoon that will cause the end of mankind if it falls off (with a face that says they've decided they don't like it before they've even tried it). 

Just. Eat. The.  F***ing. Cranachan. Ice cream. 

It's got rasperberry, not hydrogen fucking sulphide. 

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Supermarkets that still require a £1 for trolleys. I've used cash about 3 times in 2020, I never have a £1 coin on me.

So why not carry one when you know you're going to the supermarket?

26 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I don't have any. I'd need to go and get cash out and buy something.

I agree it's a nonsense, if someone wants to steal a trolley a quid isn't going to stop them. Anyway, get one of those wee keyrings with the detachable thing that acts as a pound for the trolley.