Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

For those that know Inverness, the new West Link has been a great addition.  But fuck me, they're building a new roundabout so those coming off the West Link can head onto the A82 without going to the roundabout at the Aquadome, and the temporary traffic lights there are a wind up.

3 way lights are fine, there's 3 roads onto said Aquadome roundabout, but why is the light green on the A82 road for about 8 minutes in the morning, and about 2 minutes on the West Link, linking some of the most densely populated areas of Inverness, to that part of the city? You have Ness Castle, Culduthel, Lochardil, Holm, even Milton of Leys traffic coming along it in the morning.  From the A82, you have some folk from Scorguie coming in that way, and about 4 cars from the A82 itself.

It can take 3 green lights to get through from the West Link, and when you do, there's no cars waiting on the A82.  

TL;DR, but temporary traffic light timings in Inverness are always like this, green for the longest time on the least busy of the roads affected by them.

43 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

For those that know Inverness, the new West Link has been a great addition.  But f**k me, they're building a new roundabout so those coming off the West Link can head onto the A82 without going to the roundabout at the Aquadome, and the temporary traffic lights there are a wind up.

3 way lights are fine, there's 3 roads onto said Aquadome roundabout, but why is the light green on the A82 road for about 8 minutes in the morning, and about 2 minutes on the West Link, linking some of the most densely populated areas of Inverness, to that part of the city? You have Ness Castle, Culduthel, Lochardil, Holm, even Milton of Leys traffic coming along it in the morning.  From the A82, you have some folk from Scorguie coming in that way, and about 4 cars from the A82 itself.

It can take 3 green lights to get through from the West Link, and when you do, there's no cars waiting on the A82.  

TL;DR, but temporary traffic light timings in Inverness are always like this, green for the longest time on the least busy of the roads affected by them.

Nobody cares. You've got the life of Reilly up there, while we're under Sharia Law down here.

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Nobody cares. You've got the life of Reilly up there, while we're under Sharia Law down here.

The pub was absolutely superb on Saturday tbf.

'Black Friday' deals, starting on a Monday. Furthermore, lasting two weeks. 

Completely unrelated but I've just seen a program is on tonight, apparently black people are being blamed for Covid so Channel 4 have a show on tonight 'Is Covid racist?' 

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

For those that know Inverness, the new West Link has been a great addition.  But f**k me, they're building a new roundabout so those coming off the West Link can head onto the A82 without going to the roundabout at the Aquadome, and the temporary traffic lights there are a wind up.

Any idea when it's going to be finished? Got stuck on the senseless one way system around the castle a few days ago so nipped along to the Dores roundabout to cross the river there and got stuck in another big queue. 

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Any idea when it's going to be finished? Got stuck on the senseless one way system around the castle a few days ago so nipped along to the Dores roundabout to cross the river there and got stuck in another big queue. 

No idea, every time I go past it, nothing seems to have changed.  I don't know why the didn't just build the whole thing at once.  

7 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

No idea, every time I go past it, nothing seems to have changed.  I don't know why the didn't just build the whole thing at once.  

They took a year out to move 9 holes of the fucking Torvean golf course.

28 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Tiktok.  Get it so far to f**k 

It's the worst social media platform in history by some distance.  Who the fuck want's to see some cum sponge dance-mime to some Nicki Minaj song?

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

It's the worst social media platform in history by some distance.  Who the f**k want's to see some cum sponge dance-mime to some Nicki Minaj song?

It's an incredibly good data harvesting app, probably the most advanced on the market. Chinese great bunch of lads.