Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

32 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

You're not supposed to include your initial stake. 

30 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It is if you deduct your stake.

That's why it's petty, I look at it in terms of returns, not profit

Edited by deej

22 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Where does this thought process come from?

I've genuinely never heard anyone pine for living in Edinburgh in my life. I've got a friend who lives there for work and even he doesn't want to live there. I reckon I'd rather live absolutely anywhere else in Scotland.

I like Edinburgh. Don't know if I'd want to live there, mind you.

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I like Edinburgh and think it would be a good place to live.

It's just that I'm used to living in a very wee place now, and wouldn't fancy living in a largish town, never mind a vast metropolis.

Bought a Moka pot to make coffee just last week: the first three/four brews worked fine but it is no longer producing anything other than steam and a tiny dribble of hot water in the top chamber. I've tried using a coarser grind, the valves are all completely clear and, most importantly, I've tried shouting at it as well. Nothing has worked and unless it solves itself I'm going to have to go through the no doubt wonderful experience of trying to punt it back through Amazon returns. 

<<< Incandescent with rage

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

Bought a Moka pot to make coffee just last week: the first three/four brews worked fine but it is no longer producing anything other than steam and a tiny dribble of hot water in the top chamber. I've tried using a coarser grind, the valves are all completely clear and, most importantly, I've tried shouting at it as well. Nothing has worked and unless it solves itself I'm going to have to go through the no doubt wonderful experience of trying to punt it back through Amazon returns. 

<<< Incandescent with rage

Is the seal round the bottom to the top chamber still in good nick? If that's faulty you would only get steam as the pressure won't be enough to make coffee

Percussive maintenance required imo

55 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
4 hours ago, deej said:
Skybets "Double Up" Offers giving odds of (e.g.) 9/1 instead of 9/2. Seems fine, but £10 at 9/2 returns £55, and at 9/1 returns £100. 
Which isn't double.

Fractional odds are for Victorians.

They dont work as decimal odds though. i.e todays "Double Up Offer" is doubled from 3.00 to 5.00

Moving house next week so listed a few things we no longer need on Facebook Marketplace and gumtree.
The amount of folk that message asking if an item is still for sale then never get back to you when you tell them it is.
Can only assume they are considering selling a similar item and are wanting to find out if it sold at the price you've listed it for.