Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Grass her in.

Too late for that now I think, time for it would've been when they could check the O/T sheets against her timesheet (also were very few of us in so even if I'd dobbed her in anonymously it'd probably not be hard to suss it was me that did it)

At the end of the day I haven't worked there in a good while now and my new work isn't anywhere near as bad for rampant hypocrisy, so I can live with it.

1 hour ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
18 hours ago, Aidan said:
Some arsehole in the hotel where I'm staying has decided to use the shared kitchen facilities to boil eggs, before disappearing to bed and leaving them causing the fire alarm to go off and wake everyone up.

What hotels have shared kitchens?

Good ones. Thing that gets me is that 5 star hotels don't even have a microwave in the room and the fridge is stuffed full of shite so there's no room to put anything decent in.

Edited by welshbairn

10 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I'm confused. Is this a whoosh?! 

No. If you're paying all that money you should be able to heat up a Rustlers burger when you get back from the pub instead of waiting an hour for the kitchen and room service to get it together to deliver one on a slate tile with a tooth pick holding it together.

17 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

No. If you're paying all that money you should be able to heat up a Rustlers burger when you get back from the pub instead of waiting an hour for the kitchen and room service to get it together to deliver one on a slate tile with a tooth pick holding it together.

Most people who stay in five star hotels aren't Rustlers burger eating tramps though.

Intrigued by this. Don’t think I’ve ever stayed in a hotel with a ‘shared kitchen’. Any examples? 

I think Aiden mentioned he was working away from home & on long shifts, might be his work has some arrangement with the hotel for access to cooking facilities outwith normal hotel kitchen hours? I’ve never ever heard of a shared kitchen in a hotel either...

4 hours ago, 18May1991 said:

Intrigued by this. Don’t think I’ve ever stayed in a hotel with a ‘shared kitchen’. Any examples? 

Stating the obvious but I assumed the OP was a typo for 'HOSTELS with shared kitchens'.

Or am I being whooshed too?

It's very rare that I stay in a hotel in the UK but I've been in a good number overseas with communal kitchens. The last one I can remember was in Balkhash.