Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

10 minutes ago, spud131 said:

On the YouTube app they've stopped you from clicking on the time line line and jumping to that part of the video. You've now got to grab the little white dot and slide it to the position in in the video.
Very petty but very annoying.

Thank you. I'd convinced myself that I'd imagined it used to have that functionality.

Tech companies are great for removing options and telling you it's somehow an improvement.

1 hour ago, philpy said:

Thats Seafield road mate. Cross the road to the left, keep walking and you'll end up in a watery grave. 

I’m in that Screwfix constantly. Now that I know where you work I’m going to appear regularly at 4.55pm just to browse the timber for 20 mins, and never to actually purchase anything.

1 hour ago, MixuFruit said:

I can't find the book I want to read. It was in the kitchen and now it isn't.

If this scenario was played out in "The Broons" you'd be Paw Broon, the book would be called "How to improve your memory" and the rest of the Broons would call you a daft gowk 

As it is your book is probably in the bog.

3 hours ago, spud131 said:

On the YouTube app they've stopped you from clicking on the time line line and jumping to that part of the video. You've now got to grab the little white dot and slide it to the position in in the video.
Very petty but very annoying.

I too noticed this tonight for the first time. A pain in the ring when it's a tiny dot on a 5" screen. 

1 hour ago, MixuFruit said:

You're still a relative youngster so welcome to your future.

I went to reheat some leftover curry and rice for breakfast the other morning and found the pepper grinder safely stored in the microwave.

2 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

I just found my Carharrt hoody tonight after looking for it for a couple of weeks. Do you want me to see if it's in my front room?

Seeing as we're sharing. Over the last week, I've found...

My library book which had been missing for 2 days. In my bag, where I thought it was. And where I'd looked 10 or 11 times.

My car keys. In the kitchen drawer where they live. Again on about the 10th look.

The television remote. Down behind the couch cushions.

...and my running shoes. (Although I suspect I may have subliminally hidden those.)

So, if anyone needs anything finding, let me know. I'm on fire. 

2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I went to reheat some leftover curry and rice for breakfast the other morning and found the pepper grinder safely stored in the microwave.

I found my phone in the fridge once. I'd given up looking for it and was going to sit down with a cold drink.

Some arsehole in the hotel where I'm staying has decided to use the shared kitchen facilities to boil eggs, before disappearing to bed and leaving them causing the fire alarm to go off and wake everyone up.

4 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

You're still a relative youngster so welcome to your future.

My best is putting the milk under the sink and the washing up liquid in the fridge.

1 hour ago, Shotgun said:

Seeing as we're sharing. Over the last week, I've found...

My library book which had been missing for 2 days. In my bag, where I thought it was. And where I'd looked 10 or 11 times.

My car keys. In the kitchen drawer where they live. Again on about the 10th look.

The television remote. Down behind the couch cushions.

...and my running shoes. (Although I suspect I may have subliminally hidden those.)

So, if anyone needs anything finding, let me know. I'm on fire. 

I found my phone in the fridge once. I'd given up looking for it and was going to sit down with a cold drink.

The wife is gaslighting you - stay on your guard, brother. 

28 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

The wife is gaslighting you - stay on your guard, brother. 

Oh, don’t think I haven’t considered that. And I ‘may’ even have uhm...suggested it. However, the car keys one happened while she was out and she missed the TV remote much more than me. 
I think she might be off the hook...this time. 

8 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I’m in that Screwfix constantly. Now that I know where you work I’m going to appear regularly at 4.55pm just to browse the timber for 20 mins, and never to actually purchase anything.

I triple dare you, but you need to ask questions. The more inane the better.

1 hour ago, Empty It said:
3 hours ago, Arabdownunder said:
My best is putting the milk under the sink and the washing up liquid in the fridge.

Found a paid of trainers in the dishwasher once, granted I was slightly intoxicated the night previous.

Shotgun's?

Every year I miss the last cut for my grass. The garden looks shit but it won't stop raining now for months, when the snow starts. 

Oh and the incessant rain has helped me discover 3 seperate leaks in the shed roof. fukkit.