Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

7 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Who runs the cafes that are suddenly hiking their prices up? The rich folk moving in - or the same folk who always had owned them and are now cashing in? 

I don’t frequent cafes, but I’d have no problem paying a bit more to any small business to help them offset the problems they’ve had to deal with in recent months.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

On a similar note, I'm failing to see how it's the fault of those dastardly 'outsiders'* for house prices rising as well.

*Not Hall and Nash

Well it's not just their fault and gentrification likely wouldn't occupy the mind space of people so much if we didn't have governments, property developers and landlords who generally followed the money before they committed to regenerating an area. It's not bad in isolation for example for Hackney and Bethnal Green to be regenerated but it's bad when it means that the traditional (often BAME) communities of the area are forced out by the hike in rent prices and local businesses who've put their roots down are closed down in the name of progress.

I suppose but then you’re left with 80% turned into holiday homes for rich folk from south east of England only using them for a month a year and the village becomes a ghost town. For anyone that’s left outside holiday season they’re fucked.

The thing is with st andrews and that area is that it is busy most of the year round. Obviously it is busier in the summer but it is one of these places which is never really “dead”

Ashley Storey, I know, as if I need go on.

She totally ruins anything she's in.

Earlier on Breaking the News, she felt obliged to painfully laugh at anything that was said, flagging her need to be accepted.

The apple truly doesn't fall far from the tree.

11 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Ashley Storey, I know, as if I need go on.

She totally ruins anything she's in.

Earlier on Breaking the News, she felt obliged to painfully laugh at anything that was said, flagging her need to be accepted.

The apple truly doesn't fall far from the tree.

Football account. 

Back in the 80s my parents were looking to buy a house in Lower Largo. It came about through the grapevine, no estate agents involved. My mum was a district nurse and one of her patient's relatives had died meaning this house was to be sold. Right on the beachfront, private access to the beach shower room at back door, master bedroom with panoramic windows overlooking the sea, 2 more bedrooms etc.  Needed modernised, re-wired and so on. £32k. They said "yes" (duh) but before the deal could be done a Leven Estate Agent got a whiff of the deal and managed to get involved.  Sold it as a summer house for over £90k. 

11 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Back in the 80s my parents were looking to buy a house in Lower Largo. It came about through the grapevine, no estate agents involved. My mum was a district nurse and one of her patient's relatives had died meaning this house was to be sold. Right on the beachfront, private access to the beach shower room at back door, master bedroom with panoramic windows overlooking the sea, 2 more bedrooms etc.  Needed modernised, re-wired and so on. £32k. They said "yes" (duh) but before the deal could be done a Leven Estate Agent got a whiff of the deal and managed to get involved.  Sold it as a summer house for over £90k. 

The moral of the story is that your family were attempting to f**k over a grieving family and a hero of an estate agent swooped in at the last hour to save the day. Love to see it.

1 minute ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

The moral of the story is that your family were attempting to f**k over a grieving family and a hero of an estate agent swooped in at the last hour to save the day. Love to see it.

😀

You'd think. But £32k was what the house was valued at for the mortgage. 

1 minute ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Dogs that tend to get fed at the same time everyday, can never understand when the clocks  change.

Yup my mates pair of Jack Russells always knew the time and always knew it was a Sunday when a bunch of us would order take out food so they'd never eat their food until they saw what we'd ordered and try mooch something off of us first  🤣🤣

20 hours ago, stanton said:

Yup my mates pair of Jack Russells always knew the time and always knew it was a Sunday when a bunch of us would order take out food so they'd never eat their food until they saw what we'd ordered and try mooch something off of us first  🤣🤣

My dog does that too.  She actually understands when I tell her we're just nipping out to get a Ron's Meals or Burger King and I tell her she can 'have some chippies'.  She stops whatever she is doing, eating her food included, and jumps on the sofa at the window to watch for us coming back, even before we've left.

Edited by TheScarf

44 minutes ago, red23 said:

Women who describe themselves as chunky but funky - no you are just a fat b*****d and probably have the stubborn demanding attitude that usually goes with it too. 

They try harder to please though, usually.