Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

5 minutes ago, microdave said:

While reading other posts on this subject, that was the one I was thinking about. Nightmare of a position for it.

Both those roundabouts at Morrisons are a nightmare. The slightly bigger one at the St James junction is like a game of Russian roulette at rush hour.

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Both those roundabouts at Morrisons are a nightmare. The slightly bigger one at the St James junction is like a game of Russian roulette at rush hour.

I'd fully agree. But if I want food/petrol etc, I just have to brave it or go to Clydebank.

Demon roundabouts>b*****dsville!

1 hour ago, microdave said:

I saw this recently on my way down Ben Nevis. Guy with a Celtic top shouting down his phone complaining about how difficult it is to get parked. As I walked past him, he was saying he'd left it on the road as a bunch of other cars were there too. I hope he got a ticket tbh.

This mindset genuine infuriates me, particularly when folk just dump their litter on an existing pile that somebody started beside a bin because it was full.

Possibly the reason it enrages me so much is that I sometimes lead field trips for so-called grown adults who consistently just follow the person in front.  I've had a couple of near misses where somebody has walked out into oncoming traffic without looking (in one case the car came to a screeching halt), just because the person in front of them walked out.  What they evidently fail to realise is that in a line of ten, the person who safely walked out first did so about 20 secs before.   Try briefing adults on how to cross a busy road without pissing them off btw (which I have to do to cover my own arse in the case of fatality).   I've also learned that saying "don't stand under the crumbling overhanging cliff" translates into "stand under the overhanging cliff".

Eta:  I once told a relatively elderly guy not to take a shortcut over a bunch of rocks.  This resulted in him saying "I'm not a child", walking onto the rocks, tripping on the rocks and splitting his temple wide open on said rocks (as well as f***ing his arm up).  Trying to administer first aid whilst simultaneously wanting to dish out a serious kick in the pie is an interesting experience.

Edited by Hedgecutter

38 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Eta:  I once told a relatively elderly guy not to take a shortcut over a bunch of rocks.  This resulted in him saying "I'm not a child", walking onto the rocks, tripping on the rocks and splitting his temple wide open on said rocks (as well as f***ing his arm up).  Trying to administer first aid whilst simultaneously wanting to dish out a serious kick in the pie is an interesting experience.

Surely you'd be within your rights to just let him bleed out and die? One less idiot we need to support.

6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Surely you'd be within your rights to just let him bleed out and die? One less idiot we need to support.

F*** that.  There's enough paperwork.

I know those who have actually read at least the majority of the risk assessment docs as they always enquire about the line "never accept live ammunition from lost delivery drivers asking you to pass such goods on to a third party", which I added after that very almost happened.

On the topic of loudmouth p***ks on their phones, i took the wife and kids away for the wife's birthday to a niceish hotel which gained me brownie points for not being tight. Cockney w****r wanders in to the bar and sits on the next table shouting into his phone for about half an hour, including: "THEY'VE GOT A DEAL ON SO I GOT A SUITE FOR SEVENTY POUNDS! THAT'S RIGHT, SEVENTY POUNDS! " p***k. 

1 minute ago, coprolite said:

On the topic of loudmouth p***ks on their phones, i took the wife and kids away for the wife's birthday to a niceish hotel which gained me brownie points for not being tight.

Cockney w****r wanders in to the bar and sits on the next table shouting into his phone for about half an hour, including: "THEY'VE GOT A DEAL ON SO I GOT A SUITE FOR SEVENTY POUNDS! THAT'S RIGHT, SEVENTY POUNDS! "

Wife says "Best Western?"

Cockney w****r shouts back "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly"

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

On the topic of loudmouth p***ks on their phones, i took the wife and kids away for the wife's birthday to a niceish hotel which gained me brownie points for not being tight. Cockney w****r wanders in to the bar and sits on the next table shouting into his phone for about half an hour, including: "THEY'VE GOT A DEAL ON SO I GOT A SUITE FOR SEVENTY POUNDS! THAT'S RIGHT, SEVENTY POUNDS! " p***k. 

Lochgelly? 

41 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Has that indicating right to go straight thing been the way to do it at any point? Cos I come across it way too often for it to just be folk who can't drive, and they all seem to be older people doing it.

When I did my car test in '93 I was told to indicate right for the 3rd and subsequent exits, regardless of actual physical direction, as this made clear that you were continuing round the roundabout. When I went for the bus test in 2001 I was told this was completely wrong, so whether it changed between those times or if some instructors/examiners were doing it wrong, I'm not sure.

On 21/10/2020 at 10:41, Rugster said:

In some parts of Scotland you can sit a driving test without having to go round a roundabout. 

Same applies in England, at least the bit I'm in anyway.

The only manoeuvre I had to do on my driving test (only passed last year) was to reverse in a straight line which was fairly, well, I was about to say straightforward but it was more straightbackward.

People who don't indicate are the filth of the earth.