Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Think I mentioned this on the 'cunts on the road' thread but worth mentioning here too.  Folk who approach a roundabout with 4+ exits, they're going straight on, they sit in the inside lane, yet they indicate right.  They go round, cancel the right indication and then indicate left as they take the exit straight ahead from where they've just come from.  At no point are they going right.  As I understand it, if you're going straight on, you just don't indicate, then do so when you're about to take the exit.

Edit - Some arseholes in Inverness do this, but go in the fucking left hand lane, indicating right.  Fucking moron bastards.

Yes, roundabouts should be renamed c**tabouts!!

Add to that people who indicate left going straight ahead on a small one or people who think they can go to a third exit in the inside lane. Cutting across the traffic.

How did they pass their test?

2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Yes, roundabouts should be renamed c**tabouts!!

Add to that people who indicate left going straight ahead on a small one or people who think they can go to a third exit in the inside lane. Cutting across the traffic.

How did they pass their test?

In some parts of Scotland you can sit a driving test without having to go round a roundabout. 

2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
5 minutes ago, Rugster said:
In some parts of Scotland you can sit a driving test without having to go round a roundabout. 

I drove through glenrothes for work for a year. I'm now a roundabout black belt third dan.

I drive the Inverness Westlink every day.  I'm a fucking Sensei.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Think I mentioned this on the 'c***s on the road' thread but worth mentioning here too.  Folk who approach a roundabout with 4+ exits, they're going straight on, they sit in the inside lane, yet they indicate right.  They go round, cancel the right indication and then indicate left as they take the exit straight ahead from where they've just come from.  At no point are they going right.  As I understand it, if you're going straight on, you just don't indicate, then do so when you're about to take the exit.

Edit - Some arseholes in Inverness do this, but go in the fucking left hand lane, indicating right.  Fucking moron b*****ds.

Had an argument with a driving instructor about this, turns out that is the correct procedure and he couldn't understand why I found it daft.

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

You only know that because of me! I learned to drive in Crieff which at the time had 1 mini roundabout and 2 sets of pedestrian traffic light crossings. Must be one of the easiest places to drive yet locals would still rather go to Callendar to sit their test as that is even easier! 

The fact that nobody seems capable of having a private conversion on their phone anymore. All this waving it about shouting into it with it on loud speaker on max volume. Just f**k off. No one is interested in your conversation. There [emoji4] 

I never see this. Folk with headphones talking out loud as if they have an imaginary friend with them, yes, but never on loudspeaker as you describe.

17 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

You only know that because of me! I learned to drive in Crieff which at the time had 1 mini roundabout and 2 sets of pedestrian traffic light crossings. Must be one of the easiest places to drive yet locals would still rather go to Callendar to sit their test as that is even easier! 

I already knew it. 

1 hour ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

You only know that because of me! I learned to drive in Crieff which at the time had 1 mini roundabout and 2 sets of pedestrian traffic light crossings. Must be one of the easiest places to drive yet locals would still rather go to Callendar to sit their test as that is even easier! 

Did you still have to reverse round corners, reverse park and " 3 point turn"?

3 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Folk who go round mini roundabouts. 

Just fucking drive over the top of the c***s. 

There's a mini-roundabout at Morrisons in Dumbarton and it causes more hassle than it's worth. It's positioned stupidly, if you want to turn right into the petrol station you have no choice but to drive over it. All of the exits are barely a car width apart too, which seems to boggle peoples minds to the point that "car coming from the right has the right of way" seems an alien concept to them and it becomes a game of "who's got the balls to make the first move".

2 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Indicating right to go straight on?  Are you sure he was a driving instructor?

He was adamant that was the correct way to go straight through a roundabout although he was pished at the time.

17 hours ago, Trackdaybob said:

The fact that nobody seems capable of having a private conversion on their phone anymore. 

All this waving it about shouting into it with it on loud speaker on max volume. 

Just f**k off. No one is interested in your conversation. 

There :)

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

I never see this. Folk with headphones talking out loud as if they have an imaginary friend with them, yes, but never on loudspeaker as you describe.

I saw this recently on my way down Ben Nevis. Guy with a Celtic top shouting down his phone complaining about how difficult it is to get parked. As I walked past him, he was saying he'd left it on the road as a bunch of other cars were there too. I hope he got a ticket tbh.

26 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

There's a mini-roundabout at Morrisons in Dumbarton and it causes more hassle than it's worth. It's positioned stupidly, if you want to turn right into the petrol station you have no choice but to drive over it. All of the exits are barely a car width apart too, which seems to boggle peoples minds to the point that "car coming from the right has the right of way" seems an alien concept to them and it becomes a game of "who's got the balls to make the first move".

While reading other posts on this subject, that was the one I was thinking about. Nightmare of a position for it.

Edited by microdave