Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

9 minutes ago, Rugster said:

It’s not a geographical issue, nor is the sausage debate. It’s a moron issue. Morons call tomato sauce or square sausage by any other name. 

Personally I prefer the original name, love apples paste. 

2 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

This is a geographical issue. Not quite on the scale of Lorne/ Square/ Slice mind you

STEAK LORNE! How butchers get away with that description? Thats my ideal job....the guy who puts the steak in steak lorne sausage ,I wouldnt think you would go home knackered after that shift.

43 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Fireworks being a regular occurance of roughly every week or fornight where I stay.

Are you near Dumbarton? Every night this week some c**t has set off big b*****d fireworks for about 10-15 minutes. Genuinely hope his house burns down.

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

No idea why this happens year on year. There is a day specifically for setting off fireworks. Why do folk feel the need to do it a fortnight before?

Shirley because they're more widely available leading up to the 5th of November and neds can pick them up when going into their local corner shop for a bottle of MD 20/20?

Edited by Dee Man

Shirlely because they're more widely available leading up to the 5th of November and neds can pick them up when going into their local corner shop for a bottle of MD 20/20?
It was more a rhetorical question [emoji38]

Are you near Dumbarton? Every night this week some c**t has set off big b*****d fireworks for about 10-15 minutes. Genuinely hope his house burns down.
Nah Glasgow. They've been going on the daily since Saturday so I've sussed what team they support. Can't wait for the 12th.

The fact that nobody seems capable of having a private conversion on their phone anymore. 

All this waving it about shouting into it with it on loud speaker on max volume. 

Just f**k off. No one is interested in your conversation. 

There :)

Think I mentioned this on the 'cunts on the road' thread but worth mentioning here too.  Folk who approach a roundabout with 4+ exits, they're going straight on, they sit in the inside lane, yet they indicate right.  They go round, cancel the right indication and then indicate left as they take the exit straight ahead from where they've just come from.  At no point are they going right.  As I understand it, if you're going straight on, you just don't indicate, then do so when you're about to take the exit.

Edit - Some arseholes in Inverness do this, but go in the fucking left hand lane, indicating right.  Fucking moron bastards.

Edited by TheScarf

17 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

Fireworks being a regular occurance of roughly every week or fornight where I stay.

We've got a wee pocket of newbuild McMansions not far away from us, and there seems to be one family there that prefers to say it with explosives rather than flowers. At random times during the year they send up what resembles a Russian WW2 Katyusha barrage for not apparent reason...the smart money is on it perhaps being someone's birthday.

If there ever was a fire in their garage I dread to think what would happen - it must be stocked like an ammunition dump.

10 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Think I mentioned this on the 'c***s on the road' thread but worth mentioning here too.  Folk who approach a roundabout with 4+ exits, they're going straight on, they sit in the inside lane, yet they indicate right.  They go round, cancel the right indication and then indicate left as they take the exit straight ahead from where they've just come from.  At no point are they going right.  As I understand it, if you're going straight on, you just don't indicate, then do so when you're about to take the exit.

Edit - Some arseholes in Inverness do this, but go in the fucking left hand lane, indicating right.  Fucking moron b*****ds.

Correct.

Is the left lane correct? I ask because I go on a roundabout everyday and for the exit I'm taking (4th from a possible 7) I always go in the left lane, but seem to always have someone in the right lane cutting across before the exit. 

If you're at the blue mark - heading to the blue arrow - would you be in the left lane or right lane? I'm never sure if I'm doing it right.

Stanecastle.PNG

Aye right hand lane for me in the above scenario. The picture below is what really infuriates me. I dunno if it's just this town or if folk are as thick everywhere else but it truly baffles me.

We have a few roundabouts around town like the one below the only difference from the picture is "B" and "D" go into single lanes rather than double.

Folk will go A to B with no problems whatsoever, but C to D seems to baffle them. Rather than do exactly what they do with A to B, they somehow think they need to be in the right hand lane when going from C to D. I've no idea how people can't get this round their head. Then you get the fuckwits who haven't a clue how C to D works and will straddle both lanes in C. So if you're wanting to go around you have to wait for the arsehole in front to make their move.

rule-185-follow-the-correct-procedure-at-roundabouts_orig_20201021093739291.jpeg

Aye right hand lane for me in the above scenario. The picture below is what really infuriates me. I dunno if it's just this town or if folk are as thick everywhere else but it truly baffles me.

We have a few roundabouts around town like the one below the only difference from the picture is "B" and "D" go into single lanes rather than double.

Folk will go A to B with no problems whatsoever, but C to D seems to baffle them. Rather than do exactly what they do with A to B, they somehow think they need to be in the right hand lane when going from C to D. I've no idea how people can't get this round their head. Then you get the fuckwits who haven't a clue how C to D works and will straddle both lanes in C. So if you're wanting to go around you have to wait for the arsehole in front to make their move.

rule-185-follow-the-correct-procedure-at-roundabouts_orig_20201021093739291.jpeg.b6509dbecc80a098703f982df7049c77.jpeg

Surely in that scenario it doesnt matter what lane you are in as they are all double lanes. Obviously if you are going from A to D then you need to be in the right lane but for going straight on in any direction you could be in either lane. The only issue that would ever arise if one of the lanes went to a single track road. Thats what really fucks with peoples headw

Surely in that scenario it doesnt matter what lane you are in as they are all double lanes. Obviously if you are going from A to D then you need to be in the right lane but for going straight on in any direction you could be in either lane. The only issue that would ever arise if one of the lanes went to a single track road. Thats what really fucks with peoples headw
Aye in the picture you're right but as I said in the post, the scenario I'm talking about "B" and "D" are in fact single lanes.

Aye in the picture you're right but as I said in the post, the scenario I'm talking about "B" and "D" are in fact single lanes.

Ah sorry i missed that bit. Aye i feel your annoyance then. People at roundabouts in general annoy the f**k out of me. My wife included (although she is getting better after being told by me)