Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

5 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Although I could fill this thread with pages and pages of iPad related issues, my current one is how it doesn’t have any delete option for selected text.

BB5DDE5F-BF74-4286-9411-600A3A13BD94.thumb.jpeg.7882cd430ffecc145187c715e880f897.jpeg

Aye, you can cut it out for the same result, but this is just one example in a rather long list of unintuitive sh*t.

Is your keyboard open when you do this? You should just be able to hit the delete button once it's highlighted, no?

14 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Is your keyboard open when you do this? You should just be able to hit the delete button once it's highlighted, no?

Not always.

Thankfully it's my other half's iPad, although that unfortunately means that I'd be in serious bother if I repeatedly smashed it off the wall (as I currently feel compelled to do).

Edited by Hedgecutter

2 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Nope.

I also noticed earlier that I can't work out how to select multiple photos together to delete at once.  If you can (certainly doesn't seem to involve holding down on one) then it's completely counterintuitive.

Thankfully it's my other half's iPad, although that unfortunately means that I'd be in serious bother if I repeatedly smashed it off the wall (as I currently feel compelled to do).

Further proof that Android devices are far superior to Apple. 

6 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Further proof that Android devices are far superior to Apple. 

Indeed.  Never got shown how to use an Android device and was able to run with it issue free on Day 1.  With Apple I just end up with windows all over the place. "oh, you need to move this over by flicking this empty space over here.  Nope, not like that.  Nope, try it again. Nope.  Again.  Och, give it here..."  :wacko:

Eta:  would seem that there's a discrete 'select' button for multi-selecting the photos. :ph34r: I'm just used to holding some down pictures rather than yo-yo-ing all over the screen (who puts the select and delete buttons at the opposite ends of the screen, honestly). 

Edited by Hedgecutter

1 minute ago, Hedgecutter said:

Indeed.  Never got shown how to use an Android device and was able to run with it issue free.  With Apple I end up with windows all over the place. "oh, you need to move this over by flicking this empty space over here".  Of course. :wacko:

Eta:  would seem that there's a discrete 'select' button for multi-selecting the photos. :ph34r: I'm just used to holding some down pictures rather than yo-yo-ing all over the screen. 

Anytime the wife is unsure how to do stuff on her iphone I give it a try with a confident, "Surely you just have to do this", but no, they always appear to be lacking in basic features compared to my Samsung or they are hidden away elsewhere. The latest example being today when she connected her phone to my car's Bluetooth and wanted to rename it as it has the same factory name as her own car..."Surely you just have to click on the name and rename it?"

Apparently not. 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

The respective right backs are a good place to shine a light on the respective team set ups tbh. Frimpong is miles better than Tavernier as a player, but this season one has been highly effective going forward and as part of a solid back line, and one has looked way off what we have seen him to be capable of.

That's on Lennon. Hes so far beyond a busted flush it's not even funny*

*aye it is.

Why is this getting on your nerves?

Big team found etc

Webinars. Especially all day webinar conferences. Even more so, all day webinar conferences that stop being about the subject that I actually signed up for. At least I can just have a little sleep instead and nobody will know.

1 hour ago, Angusfifer said:

This is a geographical issue. Not quite on the scale of Lorne/ Square/ Slice mind you

It’s not a geographical issue, nor is the sausage debate. It’s a moron issue. Morons call tomato sauce or square sausage by any other name.