Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Workmen who come to your house to do a job and all the while keep making wee moany comments about how awkward everything is. You quoted the job and I'm paying you a fortune for it just get on with it. 
Make them milky cold tea.
I did that for the moaning twat who did my decking. They didn't want me in the house because they were running two jobs at the same time. Were also smoking weed in their van. Did a great job but the hummed and hawed about everything and left everything at their arse including open pen knifes lying in the driveway overnight.
Next door has grandkids over most days.

Enjoy your tea p***ks

10 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Theres a different accent from the bottom of the Hilltown to the top of the Hilltown.

Both are however indecipherable IMO.

My wife (Dundonian) backs up the bit about the strong East Dundee accent but doesn't agree with me about the rest of the city being generic east coast. 

14 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

My wife (Dundonian) backs up the bit about the strong East Dundee accent but doesn't agree with me about the rest of the city being generic east coast. 

If you mean Dundees leafy west end then maybe but Menzieshill, Lochhee, Charleston, Ardler and St Mary's would all be gey coorse 

10 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

If you mean Dundees leafy west end then maybe but Menzieshill, Lochhee, Charleston, Ardler and St Mary's would all be gey coorse 

Is Fintry, Whitfield, Douglas and Linlathen the "leafy west end"?

1 hour ago, MixuFruit said:

A pal of mine once got hassle of a lady who insisted they were mother and child spots, not father and child.

He should have told her he was part of a same-sex couple and was effectively the child's mother.

Sitting listening to a podcast with Barry Ferguson on it (an absolute baller) where he's decrying Scottish teams playing it out from the back as "boys cannae dae it here, they're jist no Man City plers" and it's fucking disgusting. If professional boys on upwards of £1000 per week cannot control and pass a ball to a team mate under pressure then I'm sorry, but get them to f**k out of the team. Jesus, Barry. 

Tbf to Bazza we proved him right under Neil McCann 🤣

To my ear there's definitely two Dundee accents.

A strong 'schemey' accent and one that's still distinctly Dundonian but with less 'pehs' and 'fehvers'.