Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

I keep seeing adverts for a tap that gives you instant boiling water -surely that’s going to cause loads of scaldings? Do you really need it?

They are expensive to buy and equally expensive to repair, not to mention maintenance costs.

They were installed in some new fire stations and when presented with the costs someone was dispatched to Tesco to buy a couple of kettles.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

I keep seeing adverts for a tap that gives you instant boiling water -surely that’s going to cause loads of scaldings? Do you really need it?

They have a safety lock so you can't turn it on accidentally.  I can't see how they are worth upwards of £1,000 though.

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

https://adexa.co.uk/Commercial-Hot-Water-Boiler-Autofill-30-litres-hour-Adexa-NX30?language=en&currency=GBP&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7sDo6MPL6wIVgp3VCh2hPgVjEAQYAiABEgJy6vD_BwE

Housebuilders. "can we have 6 different items of timber,  but can you put certain things on the top of the bundles and then make it all into 10 individual bundles please?". Time consuming as f**k. 😡

1 hour ago, philpy said:

Housebuilders. "can we have 6 different items of timber,  but can you put certain things on the top of the bundles and then make it all into 10 individual bundles please?". Time consuming as f**k. 😡

"Also we'll be in to collect at 4.45pm, seeing as you dont shut until 5"

On 20/08/2020 at 08:31, PWL said:

Are King Ribs still a thing? I thought they died out in the 1980s. Not tried one in decades.  They were the pinnacle of mechanically recovered meat products but damn tasty on the way home after a night in pub. 

Following up from this, I got a CHIPPY for lunch there and had my first King Rib supper in easily thirty years. It was every bit as disgusting yet delicious as I remember. 

The King Rib is still grey and has questionable (if at all) meat content but covered in crisp batter and vinegar it is tremendous - even sober.

Am now in that post CHIPPY nausea/contented phase. If someone could wake me at 5pm so I can get my train home that would be appreciated. 

5 minutes ago, PWL said:

Following up from this, I got a CHIPPY for lunch there and had my first King Rib supper in easily thirty years. It was every bit as disgusting yet delicious as I remember. 

The King Rib is still grey and has questionable (if at all) meat content but covered in crisp batter and vinegar it is tremendous - even sober.

Am now in that post CHIPPY nausea/contented phase. If someone could wake me at 5pm so I can get my train home that would be appreciated. 

I am envious. I wish my chipper sold them.