Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I went to different one, lots of families with kids and the comedian started teasing a 13/14 year old girl with some very sexual jokes and the parents all lapped it up while she went bright red. Seemed it was only me who was fazed by it, and the girl.

Was that "An Audience with Prince Andrew"? 

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I went to different one, lots of families with kids and the comedian started teasing a 13/14 year old girl with some very sexual jokes and the parents all lapped it up while she went bright red. Seemed it was only me who was fazed by it, and the girl.

I think of all the entertainment professions stand up comedian must be very high on the sex criminal/nonce to normal person ratio.  Deeply unsurprised whenever I hear about a stand up comic accused of harrassment or assault.

I've only done the festival once back in 1993.

All on the one night I Saw Arnold Brown supported by Harry Hill, who was really good.

Went on to see a couple of singers, Susanne Bonar and Tam White.

Then Late and Live with Bill Bailey and Al Murray in the backing band with Lee Evans? 

I even had a drunken chat with Bill Hicks who wasn't long for this world.

All this for hee haw as I blagged my way into all the venues by conning Ms Koren that the box office had misplaced my ticket.

8 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

All on the one night I Saw Arnold Brown supported by Harry Hill, who was really good.

If that was the show where Hill came on with a mousetrap on his nose* it was the funniest routine I've seen. 

* Aren't there times when you'd do anything for a piece of cheese.

8 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

I lost one of my Airpods and now I am having to use the corded earphones like I'm in the Vietcong.

Just cut a Q-Tip in half and bend it 90 degrees next to the fluffy bit. Nobody will be any the wiser. 

14 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

I lost one of my Airpods and now I am having to use the corded earphones like I'm in the Vietcong.

AirPods are a PTTGOYN for me. They don’t look right. I can’t see them as items in their own right. I just see earphones that have had the wires cut, like bands who mimed on Top of the Pops with electric guitars and synths not plugged in. The brain subconsciously knows there’s something wrong with what it’s seeing. 

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

AirPods are a PTTGOYN for me. They don’t look right. I can’t see them as items in their own right. I just see earphones that have had the wires cut, like bands who mimed on Top of the Pops with electric guitars and synths not plugged in. The brain subconsciously knows there’s something wrong with what it’s seeing. 

The only thing I can get to stay in my ears for any length of time is ear wax.

So if someone can come up with ear pods made of ear wax that would be super.

The only thing I can get to stay in my ears for any length of time is ear wax.
So if someone can come up with ear pods made of ear wax that would be super.
Mine sit fine, usually have issues with cabled ones getting caught in things.
A smartwatch to control the volume and tunes and the phone never leaves the pocket.
Have only launched them to the deck a few times when people speak to me and I forget they aren't attached