Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:
Go for it. I’ve just had a load of pizza, chocolate and red bull and there’s no better fighting fuel than that. Not sure there would be £2k in it but we could probably fix it and mop up at the bookies to help you out. 

This is quite a big PTTGOMN: I'm such an addict that even when I see the word "pizza" written I seriously want one. I think I have a problem, out with being a greedy fat b*****d.

Same. I’d had dinner already but was parked up waiting for someone and the lure of a takeaway pizza was too strong.

Constantly seeing Tweets advertising articles for The Athletic.

Who reads this shit? An absolute bunch of bores overanalysing what is essentially a child's game.

What makes football great is all the culture and shithousery surrounding it.

To be actually interested in the game itself is just a bit weird IMO.

Who reads this shit? An absolute bunch of bores overanalysing what is essentially a child's game.

The same nerds who read Inverting the Pyramid

17 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

The Blizzard is the organ of the football nerds and pub bores; The Athletic is more like a jumped-up American sports broadcasting stretched out over 20,000 words for no reason.

Edited by vikingTON

56 minutes ago, virginton said:

The Blizzard is the organ of the football nerds and pub bores; The Athletic is more like a jumped-up American sports broadcasting stretched out over 20,000 words for no reason.

Football nerds are indeed strange but I would rather have a conversation with someone with niche interests than someone who, as you say, could conceive of 20,000 words of utterly meamingless vanilla opinions on Eden Hazards time at Chelsea or where next for some no mark c**t at Hoffenheim 

Using up some excessive free time via Ebay to de-clutterise the house of some of the shite I've hoarded over the years. Did quite well with the pre-war Topical Times football cards but now down to listing Scottish Omnibus staff magazines from 1956 for a starting price of 49p.

My inner sensible self is telling me to bin the fuckers. 

7 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

This is why I miss The Absolute Game compared to Nutmeg.

Nutmeg will have some pseud writing three pages on the cultural significance of Albion Rovers to post industrial Lanarkshire.

TAG would have three pages gently taking the pish out of Albion Rovers, bottom division football and Vic Kasule before concluding that they were of more worth than Rangers or Celtic.

7 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

I am one of these idiots. Signed up for the free trial, read 1 or 2 articles and totally forgot about it. Only realised once the money came out of my account and now feel like I need to read more just to feel like it isn’t a waste of money. Safe to say it isn’t working.

47 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

I am one of these idiots. Signed up for the free trial, read 1 or 2 articles and totally forgot about it. Only realised once the money came out of my account and now feel like I need to read more just to feel like it isn’t a waste of money. Safe to say it isn’t working.

Snap, just to read one article that was massively underwhelming. Thanks for the reminder to cancel it.