Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

7 hours ago, GordonD said:

Think it was Kevin Bridges who said he asked for tomato ketchup in a posh restaurant and they brought him one of those little plastic containers with the foil lid. So he tried it and told the waiter, "Yes, that's fine. Bring me the bottle."

It was Micky Flanagan

7 hours ago, GordonD said:

Think it was Kevin Bridges who said he asked for tomato ketchup in a posh restaurant and they brought him one of those little plastic containers with the foil lid. So he tried it and told the waiter, "Yes, that's fine. Bring me the bottle."

People from Clydebank who think McDonalds is posh.

2 minutes ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:
15 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:
People from Clydebank who think McDonalds is posh.

The flipside is people from McDonald's who think Clydebank is posh.

I don't think those people exist tbh

Yodel. Not the alpine form of communication but the delivery company. Absolute diddies.
However they look like the complete professionals when compared to Hermes......

Table and chairs ordered to our new house, 2 parcels because of the size.
Chairs arrive via DPD 2 days later, today 10 days after the chairs arrive Hermes inform me the table is on it's way back to the sender.

To be fair to the supplier they already have another on it's way to us, this time with Yodel and its already at the delivery hub!

9 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

The line of thinking that goes into a phrase like "he's got a great first touch for a big man".

Why should tall footballers find it harder to control a ball? It's absolutely lazy bullshit to suggest this. 

Just stop reading what folk from Dumfries have to say. Problem solved. 

1 minute ago, Stellaboz said:

The line of thinking that goes into a phrase like "he's got a great first touch for a big man".

Why should tall footballers find it harder to control a ball? It's absolutely lazy bullshit to suggest this. 

I do agree with you that it's a stupid thing to say and nothing like a hard and fast rule but I can see where the thought process comes from.  Small folk = low centre of gravity, can turn quickly, lends itself to close control. Tall folk = high centre of gravity, take longer to turn, doesn't lend itself to close control. On the whole it probably does have an element of truth but there are loads of exceptions that make it a pretty stupid thing to say.

However they look like the complete professionals when compared to Hermes......

Table and chairs ordered to our new house, 2 parcels because of the size.
Chairs arrive via DPD 2 days later, today 10 days after the chairs arrive Hermes inform me the table is on it's way back to the sender.

To be fair to the supplier they already have another on it's way to us, this time with Yodel and its already at the delivery hub!
I've only had one issue with Hermes due to a lorry full of stuff getting sent to Preston rather than Dundee, the local delivery guy has the combination for the lock and my shed and just ditches my stuff there if I'm out.

Delivery with Yodel was due on Friday and it's still sitting in Livingston according to the app, customer service are saying it's showing the drivers contact number from there end but I have to wait until it shows on the app before I can contact them.

Finished my shift at 7am in Falkirk and I'm still waiting for it to arrive so I can head back to Montrose.