Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

13 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Similarly, it's standard for high-street shops to cut off at size 12 in shoes.

When I was a kid, and still naive enough to look for shoes in shops, I've literally had sales assistants tell me that it isn't possible to have feet my size. On more than one occasion. Like God lets your feet grow to a certain width/length, then pulls the plug.

f**k knows what they'd make of American shoe shops. They go up past size 20.

They're useful. Despite being an arachnophobe, I hang on to them until they get big enough that I worry they might evict me.

Found a monster in bed with me last night. I'd been there for about an hour. Check your sheets before lying down, people.

Matron Take Them Away Carry On Camping GIF - MatronTakeThemAway CarryOnCamping CarryOn GIFs

3 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Watching highlights of games involving teams I don't give a shite about is only worthwhile when I don't know the score, so yesterday I avoided the telly and social media all day before switching the box on at 22.20 precisely to watch Sportscene.

Only to find things are running late and an incredibly smug woman on the Scottish news was saying "and there were wins for St Mirren, St Johnstone and Dundee Utd too..."

Fukkit. 

The Likely Lads found

3 hours ago, Snafu said:

Don't you just hate it when you get the same self inflicted injuries in the same part of the body by doing the same things that get you injured in the first place going back years?

Kenneth-Williams3.jpg

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

^^^ "I don't think I have that particular neurotransmitter..."

ar.JPG.11295152764aa767f935b41c3798f506.JPG

I saw that in the cinema as a bairn. Genuinely the most frightening film I've ever seen.

Didn't help that I seemed to be in a theatre full of arachnophobes. Literally dozens of folk screaming by the end. You should have heard the cheer when John Goodman showed up with his equipment.

People documenting their train travel on Twitter. Its raining outside? Yeah, we can see that Brenda. Don't need no update on your 642 from Carlisle. 

What's that Joanne, you're tweeting LNeR because your train was 2 minutes late and now you'll miss your connection and be late for work? Nobody cares, get an earlier train you fucking beautiful twat. 

Had a couple of big spiders in my house recently, one was climbing the wall in our bedroom just before we went to sleep which was easy enough to dispose of but another one was sat in the landing upstairs last night that was about the size of a dinner plate. Normally I like to dispose of them using paper and a glass method but we didn’t have a glass in the house big enough to keep it in so I ended up having to beat it to death with a shoe and then scoop the remains into an old shoe box.

13 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I saw that in the cinema as a bairn. Genuinely the most frightening film I've ever seen.

Didn't help that I seemed to be in a theatre full of arachnophobes. Literally dozens of folk screaming by the end. You should have heard the cheer when John Goodman showed up with his equipment.

Matron Take Them Away Carry On Camping GIF - MatronTakeThemAway CarryOnCamping CarryOn GIFs

Talking of spiders -

Has anyone else recently had these weird, slightly daddy long legs, type spiders in their hoose?

They are the furthest thing from scary you could ever find - they are slow and cumbersome and have a wee pinhead body and ridiculous long skinny legs.

They've actually helped with my fear of spiders a bit.

58 minutes ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:

Has anyone else recently had Hearts supporters in their hoose?

They are the furthest thing from scary you could ever find - they are slow and cumbersome and have a wee pinhead body and ridiculous long skinny legs.

FTFY

1 hour ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:

Talking of spiders -

Has anyone else recently had these weird, slightly daddy long legs, type spiders in their hoose?

They've actually helped with my fear of spiders a bit.

They're called daddy long legs spiders. There is still a simmering resentment at my work between me and the "it's a crane fly" crew and the spider posse following a particularly poorly researched friday quiz. 

Yeah they do catch and eat other spiders including those spiders very much bigger than them and pretty much anything else they can take down in their webs. Those legs give them a reach to stay out of the grab range of the likes of a house spider and they also they can move fast when they want to.
I'd genuinely love to see one in action. Their movement is so awkward I couldn't imagine them being particularly fast. They are pretty fascinating things though.

I didn't know they existed until moving house a while back. In the old place there was plenty of monster spiders - proper fucking dogs with eight legs - but in this hoose I've not seen too many, maybe because the Cellar Spider is charging about the place devouring them.