Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Had to get a snapped molar removed on Friday and when that pain kicked after the numbing gear wore off it was horrible. Now 3 days later it feels like the whole left side of my jaw is on fire and my doctor being the kind man that he is refuses to give me anything for the pain other than paracetamol. It doesn't help that I can still feel bits of the tooth there and cannae help but poke around with my tongue so I'm just making it worse for myself.

Yes, the simple answer is get back to the dentist but I am a massive wee guy.

I hate sound effects on the radio or on tunes on Spotify that  can put you off driving, I think it’s most unsafe. I was listening to Teenage Dirtbag by Wheatus whilst driving along the M8 eastbound by the Harthill junction yesterday afternoon and there is a sound effect in that song of a car crashing, I had never noticed it before but it was incredibly annoying and potentially dangerous. I wonder how many people that song alone has killed. 

7 hours ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Not really petty but theres no " disgusting things dirty c***s do" thread.

What the actual f**k is wrong with these animal c***s?

IMG-20200809-WA0022.jpg

IMG-20200809-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20200809-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20200809-WA0020.jpg

IMG-20200809-WA0021.jpg

Not surprised really but it's the kind of peepul who bring and leave behind a union flag (and other shite) when camping 😄

6 hours ago, Toma_BullyWee said:

Had to get a snapped molar removed on Friday and when that pain kicked after the numbing gear wore off it was horrible. Now 3 days later it feels like the whole left side of my jaw is on fire and my doctor being the kind man that he is refuses to give me anything for the pain other than paracetamol. It doesn't help that I can still feel bits of the tooth there and cannae help but poke around with my tongue so I'm just making it worse for myself.

Yes, the simple answer is get back to the dentist but I am a massive wee guy.

You may have dry socket, which I wouldn't even wish on a Bankies supporter. 

1 minute ago, Boghead ranter said:

You may have dry socket, which I wouldn't even wish on a Bankies supporter. 

That's the very one! Had it when I got my wisdom tooth out at the start of the year. Had better days tbh.

Today has been a great laugh.

6 hours ago, throbber said:

I hate sound effects on the radio or on tunes on Spotify that  can put you off driving, I think it’s most unsafe. I was listening to Teenage Dirtbag by Wheatus whilst driving along the M8 eastbound by the Harthill junction yesterday afternoon and there is a sound effect in that song of a car crashing, I had never noticed it before but it was incredibly annoying and potentially dangerous. I wonder how many people that song alone has killed. 

Certainly killed any desire to listen to any more Wheatus.

5 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

throbber, give a little respect.

Ah yes, I remember that cover which was a completely pointless effort. Teenage dirtbag was a good song tbf, it was the soundtrack to a remarkably forgetful and unoriginal movie that should never have been made in the first place.

10 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I can (kind of) remember this happened in a major game years ago. I can't remember the game or the channel but it was a game where it was on both ITV and BBC at the same time so it was some final. I'm positive Zidane was playing as well. They showed an utterly pointless replay and as that was happening someone had scored a goal at the other end. What was more annoying was that you could hear the crowd building while they showed this replay so you knew there was major action happening yet we were subjected to this pointless pish. I can remember being absolutely furious and turning over to the other channel emoji38.png

I have a vague memory that there's a country where they go to scheduled commercial breaks during games, regardless of what's happening on the pitch. Everyone watching is just used to the idea that they'll have to wait to watch replays of any goals that happen during the adverts.

Automatically assuming the US, but I don't remember ever seeing it happen when I was there. Then again, I watched most football I saw on the Mexican channels, so let's just blame the Americans.

1 hour ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

A friend of mine got stopped because he didn't give the police "a courtesy brake" when passing on the other side of the road.

Seriously? FFS.

1 hour ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

He's Latino though...

Ah, OK. That'll learn him.

American coverage of sahker is pretty good nowadays but back in the early 90's it was grim stuff. It was obvious the people involved had no real idea what was happening and were desperately trying to work out ways to fit in adverts every few minutes as they do with USAian sports. There was a brief period where they would switch to a break whenever the ball went out of play, not realising/caring that the game wouldn't be held up until they were ready to come back. I recall at least one occasion when they missed the only goal in order to preview the show coming after the game.

Just now, Theroadlesstravelled said:

I loved that one about Buddy Holly that had all the Happy Days gang in the video.

I’m not sure if this is a joke or not but I went to see weezer at TITP 2011 and the girls I was with at time were saying they would come so they could hear Teenage dirtbag, yet despite me saying that was the wrong band Weezer did a cover of it anyway.