Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

10 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

It's not just in the UK where people are flooding the beaches. We came to a small lake that last summer was quiet, pleasant and so SO much room for many people to still enjoy.

Arrived at 1030 and the whole area is mobbed and getting worse. People pitching up so close that I'm uncomfortable. I hate the beach when it's busy and thankfully the missus does too. She's out for a quick swim and then we're getting the f**k back home to the terrace and some peace.

I think I'm getting more introverted the older I get.

Walking around/to the coast and stopping off at a nice beach for a rest is good; devoting the entire day to sitting on a single beach is boring as f**k. I don't understand how so many people can just vegetate there for hours on end, particularly in the UK when the water is baltic as well.

Edited by vikingTON

9 minutes ago, virginton said:

Forgive me for not devoting any more of my important time to irrelevant teuchter backwater politics, now you can go back to tending your wickerman.

A82C2CD1-48C9-41B5-9D28-A9E9CE8E0FD2.jpeg.d3be676db1ccf3317445a35c285ddeed.jpeg

I accept your apology.

Furthermore, I'd be only too happy to help should you need some assistance in Scotland wide affairs xx

11 minutes ago, virginton said:

Walking around/to the coast and stopping off at a nice beach for a rest is good; devoting the entire day to sitting on a single beach is boring as f**k. I don't understand how so many people can just vegetate there for hours on end, particularly in the UK when the water is baltic as well.

I can spend 2 hour max at a beach.

On 05/08/2020 at 17:05, Miguel Sanchez said:

In my defence, Henrik Larsson was really good.  Also not having been part of the Glasgow bubble I wasn't really aware of the level of bigotry involved.  If anything being a member of P & B has shpwn me the error of my ways so my enthusiasm for Celtic has gone down but my enthusiasm for Scottish Football in general has gone way up since being a member here.  Now I mostly look out for Canadian players in Scotland that are not associated with The Rangers, of which there are quite a few

3 hours ago, virginton said:

I can handle a beach resort where the weather is warm, mostly due to an endless supply of rum, but public beaches here in Canada are pretty awful.   I am fortunate in that my family owns a small bit of beach on a lake (where I have spent the last week).  It's nice to be able to sit and read a book and do some day drinking with nobody but the occasional friendly relative around.  

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
2 hours ago, MONKMAN said:
I should be checking in at the airport just now, en route to Las Vegas.  

This is heartbreaking. Las Vegas is my happy place.

5 nights Vegas, drive through Death Valley to Yosemite, 4 nights camping and climbing there and then 5 nights San Francisco. Instead, I’m just about to climb into bed after nightshift. I’m fairly upset about it.

20 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Slightly ashamed I've decided just walking out with said item is easier on occasion. 

This. The "magic bag" is your freind at these tills. Car air freshners, the odd lump of cheese and magizines, anything relatively small and flat have a nasty habbit of slipping under the spare bag at the bottom, not to be found untill you get home.

Folk that film themselves giving cups of coffee/sandwiches etc to homeless people. Just do it. It's a good thing. Don't seek a round of applause on social media
Modern world. Folk have to announce to the world when they do a 'good deed'. Folk like that do these things more for themselves than the actual person they are supposed to be helping IMO.

A few Christmases back my brother put a homeless guy up in a hostel for a night. He never announced it all over FB and we wouldn't have known about it had he not casually mentioned it to my mum on the phone later on.

Folk will sell their souls for some fucking Likes on FB.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Modern world. Folk have to announce to the world when they do a 'good deed'. Folk like that do these things more for themselves than the actual person they are supposed to be helping IMO.

A few Christmases back my brother put a homeless guy up in a hostel for a night. He never announced it all over FB and we wouldn't have known about it had he not casually mentioned it to my mum on the phone later on.

Folk will sell their souls for some fucking Likes on FB.

I greenied this post.

1 hour ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

This. The "magic bag" is your freind at these tills. Car air freshners, the odd lump of cheese and magizines, anything relatively small and flat have a nasty habbit of slipping under the spare bag at the bottom, not to be found untill you get home.

Stealing isn't cool