Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Ach, Barcelona is soooooo 2003. :rolleyes::lol:

I want to go back :(

Any recommendations on things to do, Debs? I'm staying just off the Placa de Catalunya, and I'll be there for four full days. Wanting to see the Sagrada Familia and Nou Camp, but those are the only two definites so far. Any good museums, local landmarks and walks, things like that you'd recommend?

Aye, the same ones I recommended in the other threads ;):P

I'll have a think about it and get back to you later, i.e. when I'm not at work ;)

Good stuff, cheers m'dear. ;)

Any recommendations on things to do, Debs? I'm staying just off the Placa de Catalunya, and I'll be there for four full days. Wanting to see the Sagrada Familia and Nou Camp, but those are the only two definites so far. Any good museums, local landmarks and walks, things like that you'd recommend?

Eat in El Quatre Gats (4 Cats) if you can, not far from the Ramblas and close to Placa de Catalunya. If you can also try and go for a meal in Pla, which is down in the old town, again not too far from there, it's amazing :)

All the Gaudi stuff is worth seeing, in particular Casa Batillo and Parc Guell (if it's sunny). If you get the tourist bus you get to see the city and there are loads of places to visit listed there, they are frequent and decently priced. They leave from Placa de Catalunya anyway, you can get tickets in the tourist office there.

I've seen the Miro gallery there and the Dali museum, if you like art then they're well worth a look. The Miro one is on the way down from Montjuic where the Olympic Village is, you have to head up that way for great views over the city. The views from Parc Guell are great as well.

To be honest you'll not run out of things to do, it's a fantastic city for tourism. Debs will give you a lot more of the local knowledge as well :)

People who haven't been to too many places on holiday, and when asked if they have any ideas where someone should go on holiday, always claim one of the places they have been. They invariably think it is the best place in the world despite having never seen many other much better places. It happens all the time on p&b

This isn't to do with Debbie and Barca, but it sort of reminded me of this.

To be fair, where else are they supposed to recommend? A lot of people say "I wanna go to X one day" (the much-missed Adam for example) but people can only really base it on their own experience, so...

For example if someone wanted to go on a "city break", after I asked them not to use such queer terminology I'd recommend Munich, because it's a short flight away, I've been there, and it's awesome.

People who haven't been to too many places on holiday, and when asked if they have any ideas where someone should go on holiday, always claim one of the places they have been. They invariably think it is the best place in the world despite having never seen many other much better places. It happens all the time on p&b

Well they are hardly going to suggest a place they have never been saying that it is brilliant are they :blink:

What a charming person you are :huh: I take it you have been abroad many times? Oh, can you tell me where should I go this year? Ibiza, Palma or Malia?

It's not so much the fact they suggest it, as you can only obviously give a review on somewhere you've been.

For exmaple if some has only been on a holiday to Cyrpus, they will go out ouf their way to recommend it to everyone despite the fact for a beach type holiday there are thousands of places exactly the same (and better)

But if they have only been to Cyprus, and think its the best place there is to go for that holiday then ofcourse they are going to say that.

Guest BullyWee1878
Memories, pressed between the pages of my mind

Memories, sweetened thru the ages just like wine,

Memories, memories, sweet memories

Here, wasn't it.....?

:)

You really do have some serious stalking issues going on :blink:

Eat in El Quatre Gats (4 Cats) if you can, not far from the Ramblas and close to Placa de Catalunya.

If you get the tourist bus you get to see the city and there are loads of places to visit listed there, they are frequent and decently priced. They leave from Placa de Catalunya anyway, you can get tickets in the tourist office there.

I'd second that. We went for dinner in El Quatre Gats and it was fantastic. We also did the bus tour - jumping off and on when we fancied. The Nou Camp is a must also.