Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

4 hours ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

"The proof is in the pudding".

No it fucking isn't. The proof of the pudding is in the eating, you tit.

See a myriad of under-budgeted football managers saying, "You have to cut your cloth" for something comparable..

32 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I'm always in awe of anyone who gets through the working day without putting a shift in. More power to them.

See the entirety of the Post-war shipbuilding and steelmaking industry in Scotland to understand how delightful this is.

6 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Cleaners at my work are a menace, right that’s it we are here nobody gets to use to toilets. All of them out of order at the same time. Canteen, yep that as well. We will also go against the one way system and growl or be passive aggressive to anyone who dares to walk around.

oh HIYA no NO PROBLEEEEMMM 

Did overtime a while back and noticed they spent most of the shift in the canteen. Total fucking bampots who don’t do anything apart from the basics. A new lassie started during the start of covid, just came in did her job and kept out of everyone’s way. Toilets were gleaming, she did more than the three other wifies. Absolutely gutted to see the fatties return, or hear them. 

From experience,  most cleaners are mental though so best to leave them alone. It’s so annoying though, the last two hours of your shift dictated to by people that don’t even work for the company. 

Get them on the toxic list.

11 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Then when it’s blatantly clear that people are in, genuinely standing directly outside waiting so that you have to awkwardly walk out passed them as they immediately swoop in after you. If I was in their shoes I’d rather give it a few mins before cleaning the toilet rather than bask in the post-shite cubicle.

It's so they can give you a hard time if you've left skidmarks on the pan.

On 03/08/2020 at 14:04, Honest_Man#1 said:

One for @Rugster.

Sitting having a shite at work and the cleaner tries the (blatantly locked) handle to get in. Then instead of fucking off for 5 mins, literally stands leaving against the door whilst I try to have a shite in peace. Just f**k off!

20 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Then when it’s blatantly clear that people are in, genuinely standing directly outside waiting so that you have to awkwardly walk out passed them as they immediately swoop in after you. If I was in their shoes I’d rather give it a few mins before cleaning the toilet rather than bask in the post-shite cubicle.

They were having a w**k while they were waiting. 

Yorkie only having 5 segments. They used to have 6 so they could use each 'block' of chocolate to put a letter onto spelling out Yorkie. Now they've cut it to 5 and just write 'Yorkie' on every bit. 

f**k this. 

14 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Yorkie only having 5 segments. They used to have 6 so they could use each 'block' of chocolate to put a letter onto spelling out Yorkie. Now they've cut it to 5 and just write 'Yorkie' on every bit. 

f**k this. 

Terry's Chocolate Orange bars reducing in size was the moment I realised I'm officially in the auld man club that complains about how chocolate used to be bigger in my day. Welcome to the club.

23 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

f**k this. 

Allowing girls to eat them was the beginning of the end

Greeting-faced business owners on the news from Inveraray demanding that the government build them a new road because the Rest and Be Thankful pass was shut again today because of heavy rain and a landslide. Where the f**k do they want this road to be built in the Argyll hills and how is it going to be any better protected from the fact it buckets down with rain there all the time and so landslides happen? Needless to say this magical new road also won't be allowed to spoil their views or interfere on anyone's private property or endanger wildlife so it really is a mystery why someone hasn't got their finger out and completed it by now.

Live and set up your business in isolated bumpkin settlements: accept that nature is going to cut you off from civilisation from time to time. Or set up a private ferry service seeing as you're based on a sea loch anyway.

Edited by vikingTON

2 hours ago, ali_91 said:

Non Old-Firm fans getting so defensive of the Old Firm when someone from England belittles them. 

Jamie O’Hara obviously trolling like TalkSport do and you’ve people desperate to defend the Glasgow two as some massive clubs as some sort of misplaced patriotism.

Global fanbases bigger than everyone but Man United and Liverpool was one of the tweets I read.

The c***s have delusions of grandeur as it is, absolutely no need for fans of ‘diddy clubs,’ to suck up their arse to such an extent. Not really petty but still. 

Global fan base is a classic. Takes me back to the time Rangers were going to glean a small fortune from the 5 million strong Rangers support in Asia.

They died instead.

40 minutes ago, virginton said:

Greeting-faced business owners on the news from Inverarary demanding that the government build them a new road because the Rest and Be Thankful pass was shut again today because of heavy rain and a landslide. Where the f**k do they want this road to be built in the Argyll hills and how is it going to be any better protected from the fact it buckets down with rain there all the time and so landslides happen? Needless to say this magical new road also won't be allowed to spoil their views or interfere on anyone's private property or endanger wildlife so it really is a mystery why someone hasn't got their finger out and completed it by now.

Live and set up your business in isolated bumpkin settlements: accept that nature is going to cut you off from civilisation from time to time. Or set up a private ferry service seeing as you're based on a sea loch anyway.

I've always enjoyed the fact that the Rest and Be Thankful is probably the least safe place in the country to take a rest, given the likelihood of being washed away.

33 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Global fan base is a classic.

My theory is that whenever these mutants go to Benidorm or Malaga, they're surrounded by Old Firm tops so they mistakenly believe that translates to "Global Fan Base." In my experience, while people from outside the UK may have "heard" of Rangers & Celtic, if they follow a UK team at all, it's Man Utd, Liverpool, Man City or Chelsea.

My theory is that whenever these mutants go to Benidorm or Malaga, they're surrounded by Old Firm tops so they mistakenly believe that translates to "Global Fan Base." In my experience, while people from outside the UK may have "heard" of Rangers & Celtic, if they follow a UK team at all, it's Man Utd, Liverpool, Man City or Chelsea.

I have always assumed the massive global fan base is based solely on the Scottish and Irish diaspora? They surely don’t believe there are random folk in other counties who become ‘fans’ of the OF?

I have always assumed the massive global fan base is based solely on the Scottish and Irish diaspora? They surely don’t believe there are random folk in other counties who become ‘fans’ of the OF?
To be fair I've met a few random folk in other counties who follow the results of one of the cheeks. Not to the point where they'd actually be of much financial use to the club, but still, the brand has some strength overseas.

And that's not even including the millions of Chinese stoating about in Du Wei shirts.

I got a fair appraisal of global fanbases last summer in Central Asian markets. These places just stock a cross-section of whatever Chinese factories happen to be churning out, which is pretty sensitive to worldwide demand, although the markets might be a few months behind.

It was about 60% Juventus; 15% Real Madrid; 15% Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Chelsea and PSG; 10% others. Not an OF top in sight.