Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 minutes ago, Junior Pub League said:

You are working from home and doing f**k all so if the Zoom meeting starts at 10, turn the f**k up by 10:00

Not 10:03 or 10:05 but by 10:00. Sheer bad manners to be late.

Having a shit isn't an excuse to be late anymore either. Take the laptop. 

Some USAian friends of ours took a driving holiday in France a couple of years ago. They sped everywhere quite cheerfully because they mistakenly believed that

a) As they didn't see any traffic polis, there was no speed enforcement

and

b) That being visitors from abroad, they would get away with it even if they were stopped.

Shortly after they returned home, the fine notices started to roll in.

6 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I got caught by a camera in France last year. 90 Euro fine waiting for me when I got home.  That was it.  No points.

I know somebody who used to go to France to snowboard and for something like 3 years solid was getting fines and dodging them. The next year he went he was huckled and thrown in the jail for about 6 months. 

I'm not a massive fan of speeding, largely because of being forced into attempting an emergency stop at 75 mph once. Still have nightmares about that. 

I'll occasionally switch off and find myself drifting into that kind of speed like everyone else but prefer to stick within the limits and keep my wits about me. 

f**k knows what it feels like to have to hit the brakes while driving at 100 mph plus in an emergency but I'd be willing to bet that 90 percent of these c***s that drive at these kind of speeds would have no clue about how to carry this out safely. 

5 hours ago, Shotgun said:

Some USAian friends of ours took a driving holiday in France a couple of years ago. They sped everywhere quite cheerfully because they mistakenly believed that

a) As they didn't see any traffic polis, there was no speed enforcement

and

b) That being visitors from abroad, they would get away with it even if they were stopped.

Shortly after they returned home, the fine notices started to roll in.

Presumably they could throw them in the bin unless they want to go back to France sometime. I got stopped at Schiphol Airport once and they wouldn't let in until I paid a library fine from when I'd been working in Amsterdam before.

15 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Presumably they could throw them in the bin unless they want to go back to France sometime. I got stopped at Schiphol Airport once and they wouldn't let in until I paid a library fine from when I'd been working in Amsterdam before.

Did you pay the 50 cents?

I parked a hire car right outside my mates flat in Toronto after he told me it would be fine and I wouldn’t get a ticket, I got a ticket. Got a letter through the door back home, ignored it and the car hire company took the money from my credit card with interest.

I left Australia with a shit load of parking fines and a not wearing a seatbelt fine. They got ignored as I’ve no intention of ever going back to the place. The car me and my mates had which was parked outside out flat in Bondi Junction, would get a new ticket every day. It got to the point where we just stopped driving the car and left it outside with about 100 tickets on the windscreen.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I wish they would stop apologising for the swearing on the football. Or just issue a blanket apology at the start of the broadcast. Tedious shite.

I'll make the point that there's still a swear censor on this site.

Div, ya snowflake c(CENSORED)!

8 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I wish they would stop apologising for the swearing on the football. Or just issue a blanket apology at the start of the broadcast. Tedious shite.

I always said to my son when i took him to games when he was young,what happens in the football stays in the football.

16 hours ago, keithgy said:

I always said to my son when i took him to games when he was young,what happens in the football stays in the football.

That's all fair and well  until the police chap your door at 5am and you're barred from every ground in Scotland and have to check in at a police station every Saturday. Allegedly.

Edited by Bert Raccoon

10 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I read somewhere they need to do it because of it being before 9pm or something.