Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Not feeling great, and it's been a shit day. Got home from work and everyone's had dinner, so I thought I'd boil an egg to line my stomach before bed. Went to take the last egg from the crate and the fucking thing broke apart in my hand. Just, exploded like a hand grenade when I touched it.

I'm going to bed now, and I hope I don't wake up.

Nah come on Alloa/Dunfermline brother, it's just a stupid egg. 

10 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:
12 hours ago, Dosser-fae-the-shire said:

Surely everyone checks the label on a tin of paint to find what colour it is??

I painted my living room blue only to find out it was blue. Livid.

Big team found.

(Cowdenbeath)

11 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Not feeling great, and it's been a shit day. Got home from work and everyone's had dinner, so I thought I'd boil an egg to line my stomach before bed. Went to take the last egg from the crate and the fucking thing broke apart in my hand. Just, exploded like a hand grenade when I touched it.

I'm going to bed now, and I hope I don't wake up.

Kirk Broadfoot found.

Going in to town on Friday for dinner and some drinks.
Discovering the last train home is at 9.15 puts a bit of a dampener on it.
Public transport in Scotland is awful.
Is it not still a revised timetable up your way as well? Or is that always the last train? Seems pretty early if it's the norm. From the 3rd I think there are more services running: just go out next weekend instead [emoji38]

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

Is it not still a revised timetable up your way as well? Or is that always the last train? Seems pretty early if it's the norm. From the 3rd I think there are more services running: just go out next weekend instead emoji38.png

Aye it's still revised. Back to almost normal next week 🙄 it's usually just after midnight on a Friday.

I've not been in town for 5 months, but assumed that with hospitality etc opening back up that people would be able to get there and back 😂

The downside to having privatised public transport I guess.

15 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/mi5-looking-new-recruits-heres-22435006

Recruits should be aware the picture used is the MI6 building, not Thames House, MI5 HQ.

If that's part of the test, it's got easier since I applied.

1_MI5-Building-on-the-River-Thames-London.jpg

You have to admire the arrogance of the architecture, the old place was a state secret, cleverly hidden behind a tube station.

image.thumb.png.1702ef48f95e8e22e01b04fd8d71bb4b.png

I can only speak from experience of places I have been, but, certainly in the areas around major cities, that hasn't been my experience.
To be fair, I don't know what your particular journey is and I do think that public transport should be improved in Scotland (£20 per hour on a train is too much in my opinion), but a lot of people don't realise that most other countries aren't much better.

Where I lived in (a very rich part of) Italy my trip into the city was probably the equivalent of Stirling to Perth. There were no trains on a Sunday and during the week there was only one bus or train between 1pm and 5pm. The final trip back was at 9.10pm.

Columbus is the state capital of Ohio, has a population of nearly a million and doesn't even have a train station!

When I lived in Denmark the expensive journey to Copenhagen took three times longer than by car, involving filthy rolling stock covered in graffiti. They have no bus network other than between major cities.

Those are three countries with fairly comparable GDP to the UK and I think we've got the better deal. Of course some countries have better functioning public transport than us, but we've still a lot to be thankful for.

Fair enough.

I live 8 miles from the city centre of Glasgow. I find it utterly bizarre that in today's 24/7 society (obviously taking covid-19 out of the equation) that there are not 24 hour transport links to and from the city centre from this area.

If the SG are serious about reducing carbon emissions then public transport is an area that must improve.

18 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

To be fair, I don't know what your particular journey is and I do think that public transport should be improved in Scotland (£20 per hour on a train is too much in my opinion), but a lot of people don't realise that most other countries aren't much better.

Where I lived in (a very rich part of) Italy my trip into the city was probably the equivalent of Stirling to Perth. There were no trains on a Sunday and during the week there was only one bus or train between 1pm and 5pm. The final trip back was at 9.10pm.

Columbus is the state capital of Ohio, has a population of nearly a million and doesn't even have a train station!

When I lived in Denmark the expensive journey to Copenhagen took three times longer than by car, involving filthy rolling stock covered in graffiti. They have no bus network other than between major cities.

Those are three countries with fairly comparable GDP to the UK and I think we've got the better deal. Of course some countries have better functioning public transport than us, but we've still a lot to be thankful for.

But what trains there were ran on time, though.

Fair enough.
I live 8 miles from the city centre of Glasgow. I find it utterly bizarre that in today's 24/7 society (obviously taking covid-19 out of the equation) that there are not 24 hour transport links to and from the city centre from this area.
If the SG are serious about reducing carbon emissions then public transport is an area that must improve.
Is there really a need for 24/7 public transport from the city centre to somewhere 8 miles away?

Under normal circumstances both buses and trains run from about 5am to Midnight (except Sunday's) and there were limited nightbus services at weekends until about 3am.

3 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

I can only speak from experience of places I have been, but, certainly in the areas around major cities, that hasn't been my experience.

Commuting in Manchester as well I found to be infinitely worse than Glasgow.

After using Northern Rail I refuse to criticise Scotrail

Edited by Turkmenbashi

4 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Nightshift is shite.

Granted quieter but shite. Sleeping pattern now all to f**k

I'm on 12hr nights. Yesterday I got 3hrs sleep and survived (a few espressos) today I've had 8hrs sleep and feel fucking awful like my minds had enough sleep but I just cba moving at all. 

4 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/mi5-looking-new-recruits-heres-22435006

Recruits should be aware the picture used is the MI6 building, not Thames House, MI5 HQ.

If that's part of the test, it's got easier since I applied.

1_MI5-Building-on-the-River-Thames-London.jpg

Imagine the scenario: 

"What skills can you bring to the job, Mr Bam?"

"Not telling you, that's secret"

"The job's yours" 

austin.jpg.34f2cb4cffd37eac92c7363d1b69099c.jpg