Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

18 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

Websites that don't let you filter shoes by leather/non-leather options. Even more annoying when said shoe listings don't state the materials used in the shoe.

Vegan option?

27 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

My dog has a dust mite allergy that is going to hit me financially on the regular. :(

5 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Keep it outside? 

Or clean your house?

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

My dog has a dust mite allergy that is going to hit me financially on the regular. :(

Related and interesting fact that doesn't help your situation (that may also not be a fact and just something I've heard incorrectly): It's not actually dust mites that people/animals are allergic to, it's dust mite shite.

Edited by The Moonster

8 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I've got a cat that costs me £60 a month for heart medication, as it turned out that she's got a serious genetic defect. We got her from Cat Protection when she was a kitten, and they insist that new owners take out insurance through PetPlan. Unfortunately, PetPlan appears to have worked out a brilliant scheme which involves them saying they've written to the vet asking for proof of the condition, only for nothing to ever arrive.

I assume the only course of action would be to engage a solicitor, which would presumably cost more than the heart medication. Absolute genius; reminds me of the sex toy scam from Lock Stock.

17 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I've got a cat that costs me £60 a month for heart medication, as it turned out that she's got a serious genetic defect. We got her from Cat Protection when she was a kitten, and they insist that new owners take out insurance through PetPlan. Unfortunately, PetPlan appears to have worked out a brilliant scheme which involves them saying they've written to the vet asking for proof of the condition, only for nothing to ever arrive.

I assume the only course of action would be to engage a solicitor, which would presumably cost more than the heart medication. Absolute genius; reminds me of the sex toy scam from Lock Stock.

The cat is probably on a 30% cut of your £60.

Guest JTS98

I'd like people to stop using the word 'paranoid' when they mean 'worried' or 'concerned'.

For example, 'Since lockdown I've been paranoid about going to the shops'.

I doubt you have. Perhaps you have been worried about going to the shops though.

Here's a petty thing that has slightly got on my nerves:
I had a spare pot of paint that has a white top on it so I thought "white paint? That'll do for the door frame". I opened it and it turns out to be dark blue. I should have looked at the label but who puts a white top on a tin that doesn't contain white paint.
Fortunately the back door needs painting so it will now be dark blue.

Surely everyone checks the label on a tin of paint to find what colour it is??

2 hours ago, Dosser-fae-the-shire said:

We have evidence to the contrary up there ^^^^^^^ :)

On 27/07/2020 at 06:23, The Moonster said:

Related and interesting fact that doesn't help your situation (that may also not be a fact and just something I've heard incorrectly): It's not actually dust mites that people/animals are allergic to, it's dust mite shite.

I have also heard this. Ergo, it must be true. Shitting wee b*****ds.

3 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

I painted my living room blue only to find out it was blue. Livid.

I was about to post the "^^^^^ Big Team found" lol until I saw it's already been done. Still, you've outed yourself as a Chelsea fan there.

1 minute ago, D.A.F.C said:
3 minutes ago, Shotgun said:
I was about to post the "^^^^^ Big Team found" lol until I saw it's already been done. Still, you've outed yourself as a Chelsea fan there.

*raith fan

You're dead to me now.

7 hours ago, Dosser-fae-the-shire said:

I painted the front door dark blue a couple of years ago and the door frame white. I thought it was a tin of left over white paint from looking at the lid as it was sitting on the floor of the cupboard.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to paint the living room wall with this tin of tartan paint I've just found...

Not feeling great, and it's been a shit day. Got home from work and everyone's had dinner, so I thought I'd boil an egg to line my stomach before bed. Went to take the last egg from the crate and the fucking thing broke apart in my hand. Just, exploded like a hand grenade when I touched it.

I'm going to bed now, and I hope I don't wake up.