Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Pretty much all Asian cultures dining etiquette is a shared meal, especially in China and India.

Pretty much all is a massive exaggeration. Nowhere in Central Asia is sharing common, nor is it in Siberia, the South Caucasus, Anatolia or any of the Middle East I've been to. Large parts of China don't share either, such as Xinjiang.

16 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Pretty much all is a massive exaggeration. Nowhere in Central Asia is sharing common, nor is it in Siberia, the South Caucasus, Anatolia or any of the Middle East I've been to. Large parts of China don't share either, such as Xinjiang.

Not os much exaggeration as just not considering Central Asia, should have been more South East/East Asia in general. A lot would be by experience, but I would disagree with you on Middle East (it is a Sunnah of the Prophet of Muhammed) and large parts of China.

9 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

India is come and go on the sharing in my experience. North is more open, south is more throbbery.

Most of my time in India is spent in Maharashtra, Gujarat, Haryana and Karnataka and it has always been sharing. Then again, I can't always say that the people that I am eating with are fomr those regions.

Online forms that make you select your year of birth with the first option being 2019.  Aye, because I'm going to be filling out an online form if I'm 1yo right enough.

Edited by Hedgecutter

I used to think 'respite' was 'rest bite'. Not a day goes by where I don't feel deep shame for this.

Only a small misdemeanour[emoji846], remember the Big Brother lassie (Jade) on the telly a few years back, accusing others of making her an ‘escaped goat’!? [emoji15]

Another fairy common one is folk saying ‘pacifically’ instead of specifically, eek! heard that quite often when working down in London.

Only a small misdemeanour[emoji846], remember the Big Brother lassie (Jade) on the telly a few years back, accusing others of making her an ‘escaped goat’!? [emoji15]

Another fairy common one is folk saying ‘pacifically’ instead of specifically, eek! heard that quite often when working down in London.
It's folk who don't pronounce "th" that annoy me.

13 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Only a small misdemeanouremoji846.png, remember the Big Brother lassie (Jade) on the telly a few years back, accusing others of making her an ‘escaped goat’!? emoji15.png

I like saying “specific ocean”

It's folk who don't pronounce "th" that annoy me.

Again, seems to be a lot more common in the South East of England, even folk on the telly or radio saying fink & fawt! (think/thought)
Also knew a guy from Blackburn through work who said liccle instead of little![emoji15] It was like talking to a three year old. Nice chap but he was completely oblivious to it.

Again, seems to be a lot more common in the South East of England, even folk on the telly or radio saying fink & fawt! (think/thought)
Also knew a guy from Blackburn through work who said liccle instead of little![emoji15] It was like talking to a three year old. Nice chap but he was completely oblivious to it.
That's started to creep in on tv more and more. I've yet to hear someone say that in person thankfully. Any time Jeremy Kyle was on there would be someone saying "likkle". Idiots.

Guy arrived to put up some blinds today, really nice and does a lot of this type of stuff for us at an extremely good rate.

Brought his wife today whom I gave a friendly, cordial "hello" to and got a completely and utterly blank stare back like I wasn't there. Absolute fucking fat howling old rat! 

50 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Also knew a guy from Blackburn through work who said liccle instead of little!emoji15.png It was like talking to a three year old. Nice chap but he was completely oblivious to it.

There's a lad from Blackburn way works with me. He's not alone in this but he says "I were" and "we was" ever...single...&$%/ing...time! It's astounding how you can get it wrong 100% of the time. Even more astounding when you consider he is a teacher of ESL kids. 

Nice guy though. 

1 hour ago, Clockwork said:

Also knew a guy from Blackburn through work who said liccle instead of little!emoji15.png It was like talking to a three year old. Nice chap but he was completely oblivious to it.

'Likkle' is common street lingo for little in London and surrounds, not so much for people from Blackburn I wouldn't have thought. Did he listen to a lot of grime?

Saying ‘brought’ when meaning ‘bought’ is moronic in itself, but it’s the ones that actually type ‘brought’ that make me want to go on a killing spree.